Thread: New Projects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    To all.... especially anyone who thinks I don't know about windows.......

gets on stepladder <coughs> and offers an oratory to laugh at like the Barker who's actually one of the Clowns at the Circus.... I just ask you to laugh!!!!

To all.... I"ve been using DOS since the 640K of memory days when we had to put extra data into EMS memory..... Can you keep up with me there???? I've also used Regular Windows 3.1, written code in it and a whole bunch of other things you don't want to know. Heck, my ASR-33 with punch still works at a whopping 110 baud of 60 ma current loop. I built my own computers when 2k or 4k made you BMOC and BOTH my 4k and 256 BYTE computers still work!!!!!!

As for 64 bit Windows??????? I'm writing you now from a DUAL-BOOT AND Virtual Machine'd Vista-64 home premuim machine (a VAIO VGN-AW230J) ...... My OTHER laptop is a HP DV7-4170-EN/US with Win-7 Professional with the same capabilities... Yes I take advantage of my Microsoft Virtual PC license and use it!! I do the reverse too!!!.........I boot Linux in VPC when I need it!

I'll be the first to admit!!! Each OS has it's audience and therefore a need, otherwise they wouldn't be here....

It sounds like you're politely saying I need to get 'l**d'..... PERHAPS!!! I've been divorced since 2001 and my girlfriend isn't ready to get married.... not to say.. .um never mind... mixed company here!... She says I need to learn better Swedish, Portuguese, and proper Spanish from Spain. Add to that we already have 3 other languages we mess with people. FYI, she's a year older than me and just as quick tongued and frisky (P.c. words for mixed company) and just as quick to hop a plane somewhere for the weekend or rent one and fly ourselves for a quick get away! She's a nuclear physicist if you must know AND dual Brazilian / Swedish heritage. My own son & daughter-in-law (age 28) say they can't keep up!!! (she's Italian / Corsican).

There's only one place we cry.... when someone get's out of school, after having worked their buns off, with or without family help, and STILL can't look inside a PC and find the North Bridge, South Bridge, handle all the motherboard jumper settings, or know what "ELI the ICE man" means and how to use it or write code in anything other than Java or Python!!! Oh, you don't have a digital meter you say? Will this old analog one work or how about this O-scope to figure out what's wrong with the circuit? What? You need a logic analyser? Why? your scope not enough to trigger on and display the signal traces? You don't know assembly language and can't write some quick code to exercise the problem with precise signals stimulated?

As per the Barker..... "Come one, Come all, Sit down and have a laugh and may we 'Let the show begin!!!'"

<quietly and humbly stepping down>....

Find a coin with head faced up and all the day you'll have good luck!!!

Have a great day everyone,
    Cheers,
    C.

PS: So what's that reference to win64 and 4 GB supposed to mean anyway? Variety is the spice of life, true?
    Last edited by Chuck; 06-26-2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: typo a 230 and not a 130 VAIO.

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<