Thread: Sieve Discussions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When marking ranges done through the automated system, it asks for the number of factors found. Should this be the number of SoB-only factors or the number of combined SoB+PSP factors?
    If it should be the SoB-only factors, then my range 1224300-1224340 needs to be changed to indicate only 3 instead of 5 (the comment on the range is correct).

Sheep,

That's an interesting question.

The feild for factors found is not critical in anyway, it was used to judge how many factors one could expect to find or for personal boasting. I don't nessarily trust those numbers and we have better methods for determining factor density.

I'm sorry if I caused a problem, but I reserved 630000-630500 over at Mersenne Forum and forgot to come here. Unfortunately, I can't get to the SOB sieve reservation site for some reason, so I'm not sure if that's been reserved yet.

I'll try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    I'm sorry if I caused a problem, but I reserved 630000-630500 over at Mersenne Forum and forgot to come here. Unfortunately, I can't get to the SOB sieve reservation site for some reason, so I'm not sure if that's been reserved yet.

I'll try again later.
    The only place you need to reserve that range is on the Mersenne Forum, where you did. Just sieve it, submit it and post it complete on the Mersenne Forum.
    Joe O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the range 630000-630500 shouldn't have any any factors found for k's below 78557, right?(I think it's 78557) Well, I'm about a quarter of the way through the range, and I've found two.

Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the range 630000-630500 shouldn't have any any factors found for k's below 78557, right?(I think it's 78557) Well, I'm about a quarter of the way through the range, and I've found two.
    You are wrong, sorry. That's the reason we are using the combined dat. There are factors to be found for k's below 78557, not many, but some.
    Please submit them here (after logging in, of course) http://www.seventeenorbust.com/sieve/
    Joe O