Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 60 Days To 1St Place

Blog Entries
    Yes if they don't get it fixed soon I will have a epic dump

Looks like it's down for the weekend. The admin must be out partying again.

Back to EON!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratima
    Looks like it's down for the weekend. The admin must be out partying again.

Back to EON!
    Are you out of WU's
    I still have a 2 to 3 day supply of them
    Set your conch to 2.5 days to ride over the outages
    Like I said a big dump close to a 1/4 Mill
    I hope it is a dump worthy of a 2nd place jump

Ha! Just remember you got your butt burned at the last project changeover for having 3 days' worth of work. I prefer to keep about 1 day's worth. That way, when the admins cock up the WU's, I don't have as many to get rid of. Most glitches don't last that long and it rides over just fine. S'OK, I had some catching up to do in Eon anyway.

Blog Entries
    Ya But I sill have 1 days worth work on 90% of my nodes And that might be enough to take 2nd if AMD does what you did and do 1 day

As for cosmo I got burned just like every one else, the point drop was felt by all Just doing a reset was easy
    I just wanted to make my thought known that way the Admins went about the change over was poorly handled, and they needed to communicate more to warn the membership of there upcoming actions

Blog Entries
    I see AMD is going to make a stand and try to hold back Free-DC as seen here
    http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4890

If we all pushed hard for 10 to 14 days we could take 1st place
    Right now we will have 2nd in 2 days Unless L'Alliance Francophone pulls a save up stunt like last time

Yeah, well

It looks like we'll have to wait until Monday. We're already getting:

11/18/2007 5:27:29 |Cosmology@Home|Message from server: No work sent
    11/18/2007 5:27:29 |Cosmology@Home|Message from server: (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)

The stupid server is running out of WU's again. Our Francophone buddies may have pushed it on us by huge buffering. Whatever the cause, until the elves in the Black Forest carve some new WU's, we're stuck.

Still haven't got credit for my Linux boxen
    I lay low for a while..:sleepy:

Blog Entries
    The stupid server is running out of WU's again. Our Francophone buddies may have pushed it on us by huge buffering
    Paratima you have to increase your buffer size to more then a Day
    I upped mine one more day to 4 days to ride past all this crap

Weeeeeeelllll, you're getting about all I've got. I can make great strides in EON OR in Cosmo, but probably not both. What I actually may have to do is build another system or two. I'm a little teeny cruncher. When I worked in IT, I had a fair-to-middlin sized pharm of borgs. Since I retired from that, I've just got a couple of friends I talked into borging plus my own limited resources.

I must say I'm really impressed with the AMD 64 6000+ X2 on the Asus MB that I just put together. It really zips (stock) and I threw it together in one evening. If I were to build another one or two of these, I could make some headway.

I'll give it some thought. Asus has an AMD quad board...

Blog Entries
    . If I were to build another one or two of these, I could make some headway.

I'll give it some thought. Asus has an AMD quad board...
    Well the Free-DC online artyon: X-Mas Party is coming up soon__
    Have you been a good boy all year long Or do you just feel Lucky
    Free-DC is always giving away PC Systems, Combos, Parts, and Money
    To the members that attend the Party

Hi guys

We (green frogs) saw you're behind us but unfortunately ( ) we want play with you, you're the cat and we are the mouse, so catch us if you can

I bet a piece of cheese you will stay behind us for a long time, prove me that i'am wrong

XTC_ZeuZ@l'Alliance Francophone @lias crazy frogs

OK, who left the door open?

Blog Entries
    Ya I see the French boys have been saving up there WU's for the past ten days
    so they can get bragging rights for the next few days

But I must say with 200 members and 66 returning work I am not impressed with there output

Are you saying something like, "Their 66 bloody well OUGHT to be able to match our dozen."? Or words to that effect?

Lauren, what BOINC version are you running? I'm having a problem getting my boxes to download more than 2 wu's at a time! I'm running 5.8.16.If someone can tell me how to get them to download more than 2, it would be greatly appreciated!!
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

It is supposedly controlled by the Preferences page, Network usage, Additional work buffer. The number to keep in reserve is calculated by your return rate. Normally, it works pretty well.

However, I believe that problems related to their recent crash are echoing down the halls, so to speak. My main box does two every 3 1/2 hours and I've got it set for a 1-day buffer. This normally gets me about 8 WU's in reserve, besides the two being worked on. Right now, all I get is two.

You could give it a bit to get cleared up or risk the wrath of the admins and post a trouble report.

Bok & I have been hammering them about the 3rd-party stats, which I see MAY now be working. Or trying to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n7vxj
    Lauren, what BOINC version are you running? I'm having a problem getting my boxes to download more than 2 wu's at a time! I'm running 5.8.16.If someone can tell me how to get them to download more than 2, it would be greatly appreciated!!
    Open the BOINC manager Click on the Advanced menu then Click on Preferences

In the next window Click on the network usage Tab, Then set your your Additional work buffer
    to more then 1 day up to 10. I have set mine to 3.5 days to ride past the mess-ups

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2
    Ya I see the French boys have been saving up there WU's for the past ten days
    Hello

We don't, we have just took back cosmos few hour before the black out , we had few units but no more

Now our potency is not to the maximum, wait and see guys

Red face

Heh heh, you guys should set your boinc radar's to something a little more achievable, and more to your stature than team AMD_Users

Jeesh, even the Frogs gave you a tough time while they were off cooking croissants, sneering taunts at you, and running away.

but, if that wasn't enough to make you switch to team Anonymous.... there's the most recent team pie in the face event, .... some group called Boinc_Synergy just put the THUMP on you. Did you notice ?

Do you want to take out a Boinc loan to cover your debts?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitchell@cox.net
    Heh heh, you guys should set your boinc radar's to something a little more achievable, and more to your stature than team AMD_Users

Jeesh, even the Frogs gave you a tough time while they were off cooking croissants, sneering taunts at you, and running away.

but, if that wasn't enough to make you switch to team Anonymous.... there's the most recent team pie in the face event, .... some group called Boinc_Synergy just put the THUMP on you. Did you notice ?

Do you want to take out a Boinc loan to cover your debts?
    I think you need to learn to read numbers

Boinc Synergy are 1.5M behind...

oh and please don't spoil our good relationship with AMD Users especially on a first post here..keep it friendly.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok

oh and please don't spoil our good relationship with AMD Users especially on a first post here..keep it friendly.

Bok
    Actually, Bok, if you reread his post, only people of French heritage(I'm 1/4th French) could possibly be offended by his assertions. Oh, yeah, and Free-DC members too. Though if you divide output by number of team members, Free-DC ranks a TON higher in most, if not all, projects. We'd probably have a good number of number one spots if that was the metric.

Bok
    You have to excuse some of the Juvenile's on our Team Bok, they get a little excited at times ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy
    You have to excuse some of the Juvenile's on our Team Bok, they get a little excited at times ...
    hiya PoorBoy long time no see How are you
    I tried to say Hi on your turf But

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

Touchy Touchy, I can read just fine thank you. I was referring to the Team RAC numbers Bok (Good indicator showing team participation, I think you just dropped to 4th now). Lighten up.

It's all in fun and for team competition. You guys razz others, and we razz you back, all for sparking up interest in what we do.

Go get some more of your guys to join in the competition, and we're doing what we can to stay in there with ya. You have a great team with impressive stats in just about every project I've seen, but it looks like a 3 way race currently in this one. I see the French team is back in the chase also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok

Bok

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

Touchy Touchy, I can read just fine thank you. I was referring to the Team RAC numbers Bok (Good indicator showing team participation, I think you just dropped to 4th now). Lighten up. :
    Well I think you are looking that that the Wrong way
    Rac's do not mean squat I can save up point and dump My Rac go's way up.
    Does not mean much because I run out of WU's to send in and my RAC drops
    But now if you Look at what a team or member produces over a sustained period like a month you get a much more realistic picture of the over all performance
    Now look at Who produced the most over the last 28 days You will see Free-DC has produced the MOST of all teams
    L'Alliance Francophone comes in 2nd and AMD Users is 3rd BOINC BOINC is 4th

And the last thing you need to look at is how many team members are returning work
    Free-DC has 11
    AMD Users has 28
    L'Alliance Francophone has 50

Points well taken LAURENU2,

yup you guys really turn them out!

Your output in particular is very amazing. I hope you have someone else to pay that electric bill those beasties must create.

Blog Entries
    Points well taken LAURENU2,

yup you guys really turn them out!

Your output in particular is very amazing. I hope you have someone else to pay that electric bill those beasties must create.
    Yes A lot of members at here Free-DC have a lot of Power and High Elect bills to prove it
    As for me I built Evey PC I have, and run them all from my home I do not Borg any powerfrom other people
    I wish I could but not being in the IT field or mainstream work place makes it impossible
    Rigid now I /we are stretched over 3 main and many if not all DC projects ,
    If Free-DC ever came to a project with all or more then just a dozen members it would be a site to behold

You're right Lauren

back in the days of Distributed Folding we had some serious firepower on it. Even enough to hold off both Ars technica AND DPC when they were both going at it full bore.

I had 60+ P4 boxen at that time and I know that I was nowhere near our top producer.

It was awesome.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie
    back in the days of Distributed Folding we had some serious firepower on it. Even enough to hold off both Ar's technical AND DOC when they were both going at it full bore.

It was awesome.
    I think it could still happen But Free-DC does not push vary hard to focus the efforts of the membership to any one project.
    As our name implies Free-to do any -DC and so shall we do
    And Thats what I love about this place. We all support each other in what ever
    we want to do even if it is to (Swearing off BOINC ) or going to other teams to help them out

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2
    We all support each other in what ever
    we want to do even if it is to (Swearing off BOINC ) or going to other teams to help them out
    Well you can always come over and help us out at Cosmo Lauren ... ...

Blog Entries
    Well you can always come over and help us out at Cosmo Lauren ... ...
    Hiya PoorBoy You Know that might be a Good Idea
    But First Free-DC has to Tag 1St Place You know how that go's

But This is Fun a 5 way race for me and you A 3 way for our teams
    3 strong teams ,and
    2 Strong members You and Me

PS a 6 way if you add DCR to

Well I wouldn't exactly call it a race, it's more like me living on borrowed time until you run me over ...

Blog Entries
    No it is a good Race!! I am just full of fluff like the French boys
    I did a system purge last night to Bump my RAC up to show my point
    That dump added 6.5 points to my RAC total

Blog Entries
    Darn it why can't these teams just stand still For a bit
    Maybe if I offer them a beer they will slow enough so my sniper can get a shot off

Blog Entries
    Well I wouldn't exactly call it a race, it's more like me living on borrowed time until you run me over ...
    Good work PoorBoy Your almost out of my radar range

Name ..Rank.. Score .....Daily Gain.. Days to Barbecue
    PoorBoy 1 ...3,272,927. ...8,914 .........100.6

That is a lot better then 12 days you were at
    and you know how I hate speed bumps
    they just slow you down

That figure doesn't really mean too much as it floats around a lot, you look at it 1 time and it's 100 days then look again 8 hrs later and it could be 50 or it could be 200 days. I go by what I see in the daily totals & I see you out pacing me on most days by 10,000 to 15,000 if you don't dump some WU's that day.

On the days you dump it's more like 50,000 more than me, so I figure in about 40 days or so you should be on my heels & ready to over take me ...

Blog Entries
    Well I look at it this way Day by day It has become increasingly harder to out pace you.
    You have brought online more and more power to combat me and to float your team.
    This has saved your A$$ from the onslaught of the Hungry Hoard Not only me be also the L'Alliance Francophone
    This should be something to be proud of , You know there are not many DC'ers that can keep up with me

The 2nd thing is our run ends at the 1st of the year. At your present output 1st place is beyond my reach
    I would need to put a dozen more Quads online to tag you

You have brought online more and more power to combat me and to float your team.
    ... Shhhhhhhh, nobody was supposed to notice that ... ... It seems that there is the Joyous artyon: Event of the Birth of a new set of Quadruplets around the PoorBoy Household every so often. In fact rumor has it that there may be a Delivery of Octuplets in the near future ...
    Last edited by Paladin*; 11-27-2007 at 07:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well when your team has the Best stats in the WORLD for you to use It makes it easy to know all and see all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast