Thread: Has your computer got the BLAHS?

Smile Has your computer got the BLAHS?

Has your computer got the BLAHS? Is it spending too much time with screen savers? Is its idle loop doing all the work?

If you answered YES, then it is time to enroll your computer in the TeAm AnandTech Microtherapy Sessions developed by DR BOINC, the recognized expert on Computer Ennui.

In each session, DR BOINC provides the software your computer needs to help Science -- Medicine, Math, Astronomy, Weather, Chemistry, Biology and even Puzzles. You can even do more than one session at a time.

Soon, you will discover that your computer has attained a useful and productive purpose.

Possible side effects: You will find yourself getting up in the middle of the night or leaving work early to check on your computer's progress; You will spend extra time surfing stats sites to check the progress; On these sites you will spend time comparing your computer's progress to others; And finally, you will post n00b questions on the forum and get upset when someone calls you that, because you don't know what "n00b" means.

More serious sides effects: You will decide that your computer is not making the progress you expected and you will rescue computers from your friends, relatives, the office, and school and set up group-therapy sessions; Soon, you will begin surfing ebay and craig's list and visiting used-computer stores and swap-meets and rescuing those computers, too; You will set up group sessions for these computers in your den, the attic above the den, the two-car garage, a storage shed out back, and a self-storage unit; Of course, you won't have sessions going in all those places at once because that would be just too weird; You will collect statistics and show them to others so they can see the progress of their group sessions; You will join alpha and beta projects; You will join non-BOINC projects; You will snicker at the n00bs; And finally, you will join TeAm committees.

A rare, but fatal side effect: You will experience computer death caused by extreme over-clocking.

So, sign up now for the TeAm AnandTech Microtherapy Sessions and help eradicate Computer Ennui.

Good effing grief! We've been spammed.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

I've been listening to OK Computer the last few days, and when I saw the thread title, my mind merged the two, and I've been singing to myself...

My computer's got the bends
    With DC it's got lotsa friends
    Sittin' under the desk with it's drip feed on
    Talkin' to the 'net waiting for something to happen
    I wish it was much faster
    I wish it could be happy
    I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen.

Yeah. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Paratima
    Good effing grief! We've been spammed.
    I just wanted to know if you recognized a team-mate.

Blog Entries
    Do they offer group session? Really Big Group Sessions
    One Last Thing Do They Offer Group Discounts

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    We are Ars Technica and you will be assimulated.....
    Resistance is futile...
    ** alert virus detected! **
    *** several nanoseconds later ***
    Okay that wasn't very nice I saw the "shiny light" of statage and went towards it - next thing I know I'm in the dark about what's going on I'm running for Ars Technica and everything looks fuzzy and I have this urge to defend DPC and then one part of my brain says "Defend DPC are you mad!", then I woke up and resolved the problem...

Nice try Ars but you wont' get many defectors that way..
    Gentlemen, Ladies - Lock n Load let's dance!
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..