Thread: Something ain't right!!

Something ain't right!!

I just checked the task manager on the X2.I installed the latest version of BOINC on it,to run this.It shows 2 instances of camb 1.25 in the task manager, but only one is running, and it is only using 50 percent of the cpu.It should be using 100 percent.Anyone have any suggestions? I have it setup in preferences to use 2 cpu's.
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

I don't like the new Boinc, just got 25 client errors just because I forgot to check "network disabled" when the box was offline. The machine went totally crazy and had to be restarted.
    Well, this was on the Linux 5.8.16. Never saw this on 5.2.13.

Well I dropped back from version 5.10 to 5.8.Hopefully, it will work right,now.
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

Huh! Mine says it's (hang on) 5.10.13. Seems to run OK. Had a couple of instances where I changed some stuff and the manager would hang & have to be restarted. No problems with percentages and workload, though.

Oh, it seems to come up by default with "Connect about every" under Network Usage set to 1.0 days or something goofy. Set that param to 0 and it'll connect when it needs to.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n7vxj
    I just checked the task manager on the X2.I installed the latest version of BOINC on it,to run this.It shows 2 instances of camb 1.25 in the task manager, but only one is running, and it is only using 50 percent of the cpu.It should be using 100 percent.Anyone have any suggestions? I have it setup in preferences to use 2 cpu's.
    In BOINC manager under the advanced menu click on preferences
    In the first tab ( processor usage )You will see ((on multi processor systems Use at most 1 processor)) Change that to 2 and you will then have 2 running