Thread: Nice cooler

Nice cooler

Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

I can attest to the Thermalright temps but would like to know what headroom the system has as I've been looking at that one as well. The sealed rad/gas/bubblepump systems aren't that new and aren't any better than, for instance, a lot of the mini water cooling systems on the market nowadays tho' a lot cheaper. I personally, don't want a loaded system (are there any other type for Free-DC'ers?) running at those kind of temps but I can say that running a system in the living room with a TR120 and 4x92mm fans (Thermaltake case) and maintaining regulated sub 50C temps in a warm, 25C, room doesn't leave you with much noticeable noise except when it's much quieter than normal (like when everybodys gone to bed) and that's with a large server type case. The water cooled system has more fans but runs at 40'ish and is subjectively a lot quieter.
    You should also note, that this cooler does not work well in FLAT systems such as desktops and HTPCs as it stops the bubblepump which is a very simple system but relies on both gravity and heat for it's assist so is quite orientation conscious.
    Good review and certainly an interesting cooler.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat