Thread: Perl log analyser for pproxy stats

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Perl log analyser for pproxy stats [UPDATED!]

I've written a simple perl script to analyse your local pproxy log files and give you some stats like the largest and smallest stubs ever submitted to your pproxy.

READ THIS PARAGRAPH BEFORE USAGE. All you need to know is to put the attached script in the same directory as all your pproxy log files, and run it with "perl csvparse_totals.txt", or I guess you can chmod +x it and execute it like an executable. It has the txt extension due to forum upload restrictions, so feel free to rename to pl. I developed it on FreeBSD, but it should work on practically any system with Perl.

Here are my stats:

Overall PProxy stats based on 1258 days and 57531 stubs:

Smallest: 0.04 Gnodes, submitted on 14/12/2007
    Largest: 891.53 Gnodes, submitted on 03/09/2007
    Average: 38.61 Gnodes
    Total: 2221394.73 Gnodes
    I'm no perl guru, so the script is probably very inefficient and ugly. But it works! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this better, or more informative, I'm all ears. Who doesn't love stats?

Oh, and I have a slightly different script which I have running on an hourly cron job. It analyses only the log file for today's date to give you some stats. I can make that available as well if anyone is interested.

Edit: updated thread title and attachment to new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alpha; 01-08-2008 at 05:30 AM.