Thread: Automated primality testing with LLRnet for CRUS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    Carlos, can you bump up the k/n pairs on the LLRNet Server (if needed), I'm going to make a run on this project for a week or 2 while the exponents are still small enough for AMD machines to make a good contribution?

/edit Never mind, I've decided to do some sieving...maybe next time.
    The server has plenty of work and I still have a few ranges reserved to add, just waiting one or two days because of the size of the knpairs.txt. Next 24 hour rally will take within two weeks, this Saturday I can't be at home just for the case the server needs to be restarted.
    Please tell me when you're going to free up your machines to LLRNet, I also would like to move all cores to it to boost even more the project. BTW, if you read the project forum the guys without team they are willing to race against Free-DC...I just told them to not underestimate our power...lol

Carlos

EDIT: more than 65 000 k/n pairs on the server...
    Last edited by em99010pepe; 02-15-2008 at 07:38 AM.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Beyond,

If you want to add your AMD's we still have some lower ranges to test. I'm there with all my machines but with the manual client. I can always setup a server just for you.
    Please say something.

Carlos

I have a 8 hour refresher course to take on Saturday, so it will be late that night or Sunday before I switch over to LLRNet.

I did add 2 or 3 machines to the current LLRNet server last night to see what timings I would get with various processors, the AMDs @ 2.2GHz are arveraging 290 sec, the C2D's @ 2.2GHz 162 sec.

If you want to finish off the lower ranges I can provide at least 16, maybe 20 AMD cores.
    -:Beyond:-

Free-DC's Prime Search
    I have a 8 hour refresher course to take on Saturday, so it will be late that night or Sunday before I switch over to LLRNet.

I did add 2 or 3 machines to the current LLRNet server last night to see what timings I would get with various processors, the AMDs @ 2.2GHz are arveraging 290 sec, the C2D's @ 2.2GHz 162 sec.

If you want to finish off the lower ranges I can provide at least 16, maybe 20 AMD cores.
    Yes I want. Each one takes between 55 and 75 seconds on a 2.9GHz quad machine. My AMD is averaging that timing of 290 seconds...
    Saturday 11 pm GMT I'll set up the server on the same address but port 80, ok?

Sounds good. And Thanks.
    -:Beyond:-

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Sounds good. And Thanks.
    I already reserved 276k-320k range just waiting for the file. I'll move all cores to help you clean this up in no time.

Carlos

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Server is up and running on port 100.
    Last edited by em99010pepe; 02-15-2008 at 12:43 PM.