Thread: Two WCG Stats positions.

Two WCG Stats positions.

I see I'm (Nite Owl) 17th and 19th position under the WCG Individual User stats. Early last year I switched from the Teddies team to the Edwardians. Shouldn't my stats be combined under the individual User stats page? It doesn't make since to me that I should have to compete with all Users with only half my total points showing under my name in each position.... In my opinion I should appear in one position with my points combined...
    Thanks

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I agree,

but there is currently no way to distinguish the users from the available data, except manually.

I *could* check for the name being the same and add to the score when I find a multiple but there is no actual reason why someone could not create a new account and use the same name which would then be wrong

Internally I guess wcg use some form of identifier (lika the boinc 'id') but they don't share this on the webpages that I know of unfortunately.

Also, if I did combine them somehow, you would not show up on both teams - which is not really a problem, but then how would the program 'know' which team is correct when it pulled the data.

Hope that makes sense.

Bok

Right, thats what I wanted.. to show on one team only... WCG Stats page shows what team an indvidual User is attached to if any. my combined total under the User Stats only, with Edwardian as my Team to the right of my name.... I realize you can 't show combined under the Edwardians on the Team Stats page because I wasn't on their team when I got the rest of my points, just show that under Users totals... Edwardians would stay the same, and I wouldn't show as a Teddies at all...

The situation is worse than I orginally thought. My points are split between three teams... Edwardians - 21,542,770, Teddies - 22,446,793, and Bitbendertech - 5,496,793. My points are showing on the WCG Stats page as a combined total of all three teams of 49,680,803 and points earned before I joined a team.

As far as I know no two user names can be the same at WCG.

I am in the same boat as you Owlie - 'Adywebb' appears several times in the individual 'WCG only' points stats - unfortunately due to the unique way WCG run their 'own' points system and stats its impossible to do anything about it.

'WCG Boinc' points are a different matter, and all merge to the same username quite happily regardless of how many times you swop teams.
    Crunching In Memory of My Dad