Thread: New Server up

New Server up

Our new server with new backend is up and running and it appears a fair number of people have successfully gotten the latest update and are uploading structures. I have increased the stats gathering to only once every 30 minutes instead of every 10 for now. Please let us know if you find any strange problems/quirks with the new system, as Im someone is bound to find something we missed in our testing. If you think you've found a bug in the server/web site please post a message with a description of the error here and we'll fix it up good as new. For those of you whose DNS still hasn't updated, the IP of www.distributedfolding.org (and anteater*.distributedfolding.org) is 206.248.62.8
    now, if you want to put it in your hosts file.
    Howard Feldman

Just wondering why the main stats page with the 10 best PEs is at 18:30 and team stat pages are at 18:00? Right now I guess it's 18:55.

Also, I've tried distributedfolding.com, and it didn't work. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but I had reminded some of my teammates that instead of the .com, go to the .org.

It's 19:17 and the main stats page shows 19:00, so that's consistent. But it was unusual to refresh the team stats page, and it went from 18:00 to 17:00.

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar
    For those with slow DNS server updates, you can now access the site at http://206.248.62.8/index.html

no server activity..

Mmmmm..continuous improvement?

What's up Doc..
    I'm in the U.K. and it's now 1.39...I need sleeep!

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    There are some small problems with the High-Flyers page (the personal stats/info page).

One of the botttons is placed a bit funny and the gif that should show my best structure, isn't there.
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

Which button is misplaced - they look fine to me.
    As for the GIF, try right clicking on the x (in internet explorer) and select 'show picture' - then it magically appears! Can anyone explain WTF with this though? Ive never had anything weird like that before...
    Howard Feldman

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    Wierd, I actually did try to use the "show picture".

I use Mozilla and the image didn't show up there - I then checked in IE and it wouldn't show up there either

In regards to the botton, I was thinking about the "save changes" botton that's placed at the right end of the table. I just think it's a bit odd place, but that's probably just me
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

Well for me sometimes it shows up sometimes it doesn't.

What is also strange the numbers in them are inconsistent. Sometimes the structures "You have contributed" are larger than the structure "your team has contribued".

You best scoring structure seems to vary quite a bit also. Yesterday I had 61.44 and now I have 70.13

I use mozilla also.

Are you sure it is every half hour?

Wed Aug 21 08:30:29 2002 EST is what is showing as of now.

Or am I missing something?