Thread: pseudo-energy calcs are very close

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar

pseudo-energy calcs are very close

I've noticed that a lot of people have the exact same values calculated for their best pseudo-energies. Is this a statistical fluke, or are we all coming up with the exact same structures?

Also, I think you should sort the results in the Best pseudo-energy column by two fields, first by Best pseudo-energy and then by User on top 10 since. The first ones to generate a given Best pseudo-energy should be at the top of the list. You should have to generate a better value to move in front of someone already on the list.

Great job, btw Howard, as far as I can tell on this side the changeover to the new backend went very smoothly. Of course the DNS changes are a bit irksome at this point, but I trust that with time the DNS changes will replicate and things should be better.

Ni!

Now that people are making folds better than 59.989998 pseudo-energy units, the pseudo-energy distribution is more realistic. However, why are there so many users with 59.989998 as their best effort? What makes this number so special?

I've looked at the values being achieved and they are very modal - in our team apart from 59.989998 seven times, I can see 61.439278 three times, 64.337830 four times, 67.236374 four times, etc

Looks to me as if the short protein simply doesn't allow many distinct pseudo-energy values...

I don't know, it just is that way.
    Howard Feldman

Release All Zigs!
    KWSN2001,

Ask the CASP5 people. =)

Best,

RS½
    PBB
    The SETI TechDesk
    http://egroups.com/group/SETI_techdesk
    ~Your source for astronomy news and resources~