Thread: garbage account password?

garbage account password?

Hi all,

I'm new to this project, and last night I grabbed my first k/n pair to test from the garbage account (I used the garbage account since its queue contains the lowest n-values). All has been going well so far, and I am at almost 20% through the test.

What I couldn't find anywhere on this forum, however, was what the password (for things such as expiring k/n pairs, etc.) for the garbage account was. Since it's a public account, shouldn't the password be posted publicly? Or is it already, and I just couldn't find it?

Thanks!

Max,

You are correct that the garbage account is a public account with no team or personal score.

I have run this account in the past as well, you can see what's going on there with the following....
    http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats...mhtml?userID=5

As far as passwords and management I'm pretty sure thats taken care of by the project creators. Currently it doesn't look like there are that many that need expiring etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vjs View Post
    Max,

You are correct that the garbage account is a public account with no team or personal score.

I have run this account in the past as well, you can see what's going on there with the following....
    http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats...mhtml?userID=5

As far as passwords and management I'm pretty sure thats taken care of by the project creators. Currently it doesn't look like there are that many that need expiring etc.
    Okay. Actually, the main reason why I was interested was so that I could go in and expire a test (since the Linux client apparently doesn't have the option to "when test completes, exit w/o new test"). Otherwise, there's no way to escape the "treadmill" of new tests being assigned once an old one finishes. (I don't plan to run SB all the time, just to intersperse it throughout work for other projects that I participate in, so this is important).

BTW, has anyone thought about including the "when test completes, exit w/o new test" option in the next version of SB for Linux? In the meantime, I guess my only option is to move the save file to a Windows virtual machine, apply the "fix for lost Proth test" thing, and finish the last bit of the test in the virtual machine (for which the SB client has the "exit w/o new test" option turned on).

Max

If you want to expire tests, just run this as your own username.
    The complexity of the other stuff you mention, just isn't worth it IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vato View Post
    If you want to expire tests, just run this as your own username.
    The complexity of the other stuff you mention, just isn't worth it IMHO.
    Well, I could do that, except that I prefer the shorter tests in the garbage queue. (The garbage queue is handing out stuff in the 7M range right now, whereas secondpass is handing out 10M stuff.)

That's true, though by the very nature of the garbage account, you could be wasting your time since the tasks in that queue are just the oldest unreturned tasks, and could quite possibly be returned by the machine that was originally assigned them. And then again, you may well return a result that would otherwise become a dropped test after timeout. A bit of a lottery, but your machine, your choice. :-) Historically, I thought Louie ran garbage and discouraged others from doing so - doesn't look like that's still the case from the graphs.

(On an unrelated note, I'd sure like us to empty error-fix before doing second-pass, since we know at least one of the results returned is incorrect, and it'll help us to know our real error rate)

Quote Originally Posted by Vato View Post

(On an unrelated note, I'd sure like us to empty error-fix before doing second-pass, since we know at least one of the results returned is incorrect, and it'll help us to know our real error rate)
    Vato,

If you step back and look at the page http://www.seventeenorbust.com/secret/
    both the dropped test and error fix only total to around 500. Realistically it is just one days work. The fact is we are still really on the second pass mode. The main question is the first pass queue going to be release on 11m or 12m mark? A lot of the first pass wu starting from 11m and later were either dump or will expire soon if not expired already. So more than likely first pass is just around the corner. Who knows?

The shadow knows.

Quote Originally Posted by engracio View Post
    Vato,

If you step back and look at the page http://www.seventeenorbust.com/secret/
    both the dropped test and error fix only total to around 500. Realistically it is just one days work. The fact is we are still really on the second pass mode. The main question is the first pass queue going to be release on 11m or 12m mark? A lot of the first pass wu starting from 11m and later were either dump or will expire soon if not expired already. So more than likely first pass is just around the corner. Who knows?

The shadow knows.
    Is there a way to make sure your client gets exclusively error-fix queue work? I know that you can get error-fix work by running firstpass, but since firstpass is turned off right now, obviously that won't work. Would it be possible for the admins to set up a public account, similar to the garbage account, for error-fix, or maybe add the option to do a "usernameQQQerrorfix" thing?

Here give this old thread a swing and maybe this is what you are looking for. Enjoy.

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...&threadid=6717

both the dropped test and error fix only total to around 500. Realistically it is just one days work.
    Indeed - and I think it'd be better to have error-fix as empty as possible, regardless of us being on first or second pass in general.

Here give this old thread a swing and maybe this is what you are looking for. Enjoy.

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...&threadid=6717
    Okay, thanks! Very helpful. From reading it, I concluded that garbage gets work from the garbage, dropped-test, and error-fix queues (in that order), secret gets work from secondpass, and supersecret gets work from error-fix. Correct?

Ya but the shadow knows, might have changed it thread was kind of old.

Ya but the shadow knows, might have changed it thread was kind of old.
    Yeah, I noticed that; I looked through the rest of the thread, though, and didn't see anything to indicate that the public accounts had been changed at all. But then of course, the last post in that thread is from July 2004.

=Queues= (access via QQQname)
    secondpass:
    second-pass, first-pass, global

garbage:
    garbage, first-pass, global

errorfix:
    error-fix, first-pass, global

firstpass (standard queue, given if no QQQ specified):
    error-fix, dropped-tests, second-pass, first-pass, global

=special users=
    supersecret:
    error-fix, second-pass, global

garbage:
    error-fix, dropped-tests, garbage, global

31337:
    largest-prime, global

holepatch:
    missing-test, residue-recovery, global

Quote Originally Posted by Alien88 View Post
    =Queues= (access via QQQname)
    secondpass:
    second-pass, first-pass, global

garbage:
    garbage, first-pass, global

errorfix:
    error-fix, first-pass, global

firstpass (standard queue, given if no QQQ specified):
    error-fix, dropped-tests, second-pass, first-pass, global

=special users=
    supersecret:
    error-fix, second-pass, global

garbage:
    error-fix, dropped-tests, garbage, global

31337:
    largest-prime, global

holepatch:
    missing-test, residue-recovery, global
    Nice! Now we can do practically everything without having to use a public account!

alien,

does the eleet account really still exist?

The only reason why I comment is those tests are actually in the 13.4M range if I'm not mistaken which is below firstpass...

Also you commented garbage twice...

In any regards thanks for changing the ques and making it public.

If one were to ask for special que assignments. It would be nice to have the ability to chose a specific k. I think it might be going a little far but...

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by vjs View Post
    alien,

does the eleet account really still exist?

The only reason why I comment is those tests are actually in the 13.4M range if I'm not mistaken which is below firstpass...

Also you commented garbage twice...

In any regards thanks for changing the ques and making it public.

If one were to ask for special que assignments. It would be nice to have the ability to chose a specific k. I think it might be going a little far but...

Jason
    It still exists, I don't know what the queues are like.

I didn't comment on garbage twice. I commented once on the garbage queue, accessed via QQQgarbage, and once on the special account called 'garbage'. There is a difference.

The ability to choose a specific k would require a lot of changes, not only that, I'm not sure that'd really be a good idea.

I'd agree and its certainly not worth the time at this point.

As far as the garbage goes, ... ahhh!!!, that makes sence. I guess I didn't think about it that way.