Thread: water-burning car?

Blog Entries

water-burning car?

Create your own water hybrid for under $150!

Way cool stuff look at the Vid

http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/?hop=sipboy3000

What's the difference between HHO and H20? Is writing the Hs separately meaningful?

Apparently,

Also, what is this HHO stuff it is talking about?
    Of course normal water is H2O, two Hydrogen atoms covalently bonded to an Oxygen atom. Writing it as HHO almost implies that the Hydrogen is the central atom in the molecule (for example, writing Sodium Hypochlorite as NaOCl instead of NaClO) with the Oxygen with another Hydrogen atom covalently bonded to it (not something that is prone to happen considering Hydrogen only needs 1 bond to fill its S orbital).
    It claims this HHO is a gas, which would imply that the intermolecular forces of attraction between the molecules are significantly less than water. The Hydrogen bonded within the ordinary water molecule keeps it in the liquid phase when it would ordinarily be a gas at room temperature. HHO apparently lacks this Hydrogen bonding, which I guess would make sense, sort of, since the Oxygen might not be the central atom any more (assuming that is possible), but you will still have a an electronegativity difference between the “central” Hydrogen and the Oxygen, making the Oxygen side (along with its unbonded electron) negative, leaving the other side less negative, if not positive.

From my long ago grammar school chem class, "Water is 2 hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom therefor formula = HHO or in scientific notation of shorthand form H2O for which a fuller but unnecessary notation would be H1H1O1 or H2O1. The normal notation is to assume the 1 therefor we write water as H2O."
    I remember from my racing days trying direct water injection in a supercharged engine as it gave a power increase but wasn't usable too much as it caused some wicked corrosion problems though it did allow a bit higher compression ratio than normal and aided in inter cooling of the air intake and made the air charge a bit more dense. Caused us quite a few other problems as well but that's another story. I also know that some WW2 fighter engines, P&W, some Merlins and some Allison superchargers used intermittent or manual boosting by water injection to temporarily increase power for emergency or increased climb rate.
    It is possible to separate water into it's component gases but that uses both electricity and special membrane filters and is expensive but that setup (without paying for the actual info) looks a bit suss and the blurb a bit ludicrous.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

There've been attempts at this just about as long as gasoline engines have been around. I remember reading ads for this sort of thing in the backs of popular magazines 50 years ago.

"Exceptional claims require exceptional proof." Seems to me that if this were a viable concept, it would be really widespread, maybe even standard equipment. Sign me "Skeptical".
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratima View Post
    There've been attempts at this just about as long as gasoline engines have been around. I remember reading ads for this sort of thing in the backs of popular magazines 50 years ago.

"Exceptional claims require exceptional proof." Seems to me that if this were a viable concept, it would be really widespread, maybe even standard equipment. Sign me "Skeptical".
    Did you all watch the Vid on the page?

About 35 years ago I made a car that ran only on the highway with Water + gas and it did work water was injected into the carb and was flash fired into steam

I guess I made the first steam gas engine

Saw the vid, Lauren. I'm still trying to get this other damn thing to slice and dice and pop and chop and fry and fly and ...
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

yeh ok who's the genius that thought up this scam why don't you try creating a perpetual motion machine next...

have you ever heard ofthe of convervation of energy. If you use electricity from the engine's battery then you are working the alternator harder draining torque and engine efficiency. Then seperation of the water molecules will use this energy and under perfect conditions the burning of them qill release energy... exactly the same ammount and sice perfect conditions DO NOT exist in the real world the end result ofthis prosess would DEFINATLY be a less efficient engine. PERIOD ............THIS IS A SCAM...........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroberts1 View Post
    yeh ok who's the genius that thought up this scam why don't you try creating a perpetual motion machine next...
    THIS IS A SCAM...........
    perpetual motion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us7YB7eiOeQ

simulation credit

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by teddynguyen View Post

thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.
    spam
    Last edited by LAURENU2; 06-20-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: quoteing spam