Thread: Project Suspended!

Exclamation Project Suspended!

See message on project's main board. They've been having sporadic crashes. The suspension is ostensibly to fix that problem. More seriously, the project managers believe that there may be computational errors as well. They won't let it run again until it's all ironed out.

I personally have respect for PM's that will take this step, rather than letting it slide along, creating questionable science, which would eventually ALL have to be thrown in the bin. There's plenty of useful, deserving projects out there. Just pick one until they're back up.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Seems they are back up.
    =@=

March 19, 2008 Project daemons back up and running
    The project is now back up and running. The generator will be down for a bit until we run down the available WUs, but then the new generator will kick in.
    So they say!

Cosmology@Home Canceling Old Workunits
    It seems that the WUs in the queue right now will not run correctly, so we are going to cancel all of the current WUs and give credit to the WUs which have already been completed. Then, we will enable the new WU generator. Make sure to update your BOINC client so that you don't accidentally crunch WUs that have been canceled.
    Well, this is a crock! This is supposed to be hands-off operation, with the mighty BOINC supervising everything. Nice!

Guess we'll have to visit every damn remote site and fix these things manually. Brilliant!

Beware

I've got 20+ WU's out there that have been crunched by me and by a wingman and still got no credit. They've got a mixture of old and new WU's and can't figure out how to reconcile them. Beware! You could wait a LONG time for results from current work on this project. I'm outa here! YMMV