Thread: Equivalent power (est.) ?

Equivalent power (est.) ?

Hi,
    I only have 1 computer running yet:
    Equivalent power (est.) 33.16 GHz

That is for the 'last day' stat.
    I only have a 2.2 gig amd.
    SNAFU'ed? ... Turn the page!

I assume these numbers are related to the speed of a 90 MHz Pentium, since the esimated processing time is also based in P90 years. If I'm correct this would probably mean that your 2.2GHz AMD is equal to 33.16/0.09 = 368 Pentium 90's
    testing123....Join DPC !!

encrypted 'helpful' information...

...man, i must be getting 'old'...

...can't think that fast anymore...

I believe the calculation for equivalent speed was defined many years ago - and since then it has deviated. The larger the numbers get, the more credit you get for less time spent - so clearly the calculation required an adjustment that it never got.

Here's one article regarding the calculation of cEMs/sec and how inaccurate they are. I suspect the same can be applied to the other figures that are calculated:

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5385

ohhhh thank you.
    so it is not based on my computer in any way, shape, or form; except for reference to the initial 'speed check' done on my computer.

Would flops, that are used for other projects, be a good way to go then?

Ah, that thread is all the way back from 2004, and they were considering flops then. Is there any work being done for a v3 client at all at this point, or is the project pretty much winding down?

Quote Originally Posted by Nago View Post
    Ah, that thread is all the way back from 2004, and they were considering flops then. Is there any work being done for a v3 client at all at this point, or is the project pretty much winding down?
    The project is by no means winding down. However, the chances of there being a v3 client are pretty slim.