Thread: Free-DC stats for this project.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Free-DC stats for this project.

Hello... anybody here?

Can we have subj pleeeease...
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Those guys from NFSNET are not interested in creating an exportable stats page.

Blog Entries
    oh well, how they find ppls interested in their client in such case???
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
    Those guys from NFSNET are not interested in creating an exportable stats page.
    I don't think it is that, if you look they have no stats "page" at all. There isn't someone on the project able/with enough time to make a stats system and they were looking for volunteers to help for a long time with no luck.

Blog Entries
    Hi Jeff, nice 2 c u again.

Hey have stats pages at past, why they haven't it now?

You are also author of nfsGUI?
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Yes I am the author of nfsGUI. I have been so busy with school (Masters, now PhD), working, and family (2 young children) that I haven't had the time to participate in NFSnet for a few years now.

One of the previous volunteers worked on the stats but I'm not sure if he is involved in the project any more and the people still left running had nothing to do with the stats system so either don't have time or the ability to get a new system up and running. But I don't know all the details since I am no longer involved.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Parasite View Post
    I don't think it is that, if you look they have no stats "page" at all. There isn't someone on the project able/with enough time to make a stats system and they were looking for volunteers to help for a long time with no luck.
    If you recall they had a stats page per number tested, it wasn't a overall stats, they always had a stats problem. The main issue there in my opinion is a rude person, you know who I am talking about, and people just back away.

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
    If you recall they had a stats page per number tested, it wasn't a overall stats, they always had a stats problem. The main issue there in my opinion is a rude person, you know who I am talking about, and people just back away.
    You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment.

For my part, I've never really had sufficient resources and interest both at the same time to produce real-time and in-depth stats.

If anyone wants a stats page badly enough, they know what to do...

Paul

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilman View Post
    You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment.

Paul
    We understand your position.

Blog Entries
    daily updated stats will be enough

like at good ol' times
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

In the early days the project had pretty nice stats with team, person & machine listings. I recently ran the client of r a few days, but with no indication of the overall progress of the current sieve I dropped out, again.
    -:Beyond:-

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    In the early days the project had pretty nice stats with team, person & machine listings. I recently ran the client of r a few days, but with no indication of the overall progress of the current sieve I dropped out, again.
    Did you manage to run 4 instances on a quad-core?

Only ran it on a dual Opty 248.

I guess my problem with the lack of stats on the project is there is no way to find out how much work has been done, if one's contribution is making a difference. What limited information that is avalible from the mersenneforum, it appears there are some large resources on the sieving side (at times) so is it worth my effort to add to the sieving, is it even needed? No way to find out that I can see.
    -:Beyond:-

Blog Entries
    so do I.

I run nfsnet a little two weeks ago for a hour.

when I run it yeaterday, I notice that project changes. another hour of work, and that's enough.
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

creating status pages is good...with no indication of the overall progress of the current sieve I dropped out

Blog Entries
    well project admins can export raw data in xml, and BoK's precious statstool can make everything else.
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \