Thread: changing HDDs is hard work!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

changing HDDs is hard work!

I finally reinstalled my PS3 with YDL 6.0 on a 320 GB HDD!
    I don't own a LCD-TV with HDMI, but the HDMI->DVI cable works fine with my 24" monitor

I killed three screwdrivers to change the 40 GB HDD to a 320 GB one I had to drive to my grandfather for additional tools, now I owe him two screwdrivers After putting the HDD into a bench vise I managed it to get the last screw away to replace the disk

But now the dnetc-client is up and running again. Later I'll do some testing with samba and vnc and then make it headless again and put it back into the cabinet.
    the-mk

What, no pics?

Blog Entries
    sorry, I forgot

my mobilephone doesn't make that good pictures and my digicam need full charged batteries five minutes ago I wanted to make pictures for you but the camera said "empty batteries"

I'll give you some later that day...

BTW: vnc sucks, with Mandriva or Debian I got better results after 5 minutes of work
    Last edited by the-mk; 08-12-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    the-mk

Blog Entries
    OK, after editing the ~./vnc/xstartup to the content a Mandriva has, it works beautiful, now I get something to see I'm used to...
    Last edited by the-mk; 08-12-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    the-mk

That looks nice. I just use ssh myself. More memory for the DNET clients that way.

Blog Entries
    The PS3 has really not much memory, 256 MB RAM and I think 256 MB for graphics, but the dnet client doesn't need that much, only a few MBs...

Running Azureus for Bittorrent I can forget, because the supplied java version is not matching to the one Azureus would need, and on java.com you can't download a suitable version

So my Linux experience after that few trials is: very slow! for running just dnetc or other distributed computed clients it is ok, but if you want to do more: use a real machine with memory!
    the-mk