Thread: Stats4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just noticed little silver and bronze crowns appearing next to some crunchers' names. Are they based on RAC, weekly credit, daily output or something else? I think they're a great idea - let's one see the "master" cruncher for a certain project in no time!

Yeah I noticed those too and was a little confused because they are "donor" icons (check the filenames of the images). I've seen something similar used on some BOINC project stats pages, like Rieselsieve to represent donors. If the icon is being used to represent high production levels, something different should probably be used to avoid confusion. But maybe we're just jumping the gun.

edit: aah, does it indicate donators for the free-dc stats?
    Last edited by alpha; 06-06-2008 at 04:43 AM.

That might actually be the case. I donated to Free-DC twice and got 2 silver crowns next to my user name. Now, I just donated again ... let's see if I get a third crown or something else changes.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It is for donors. Subject to change, as I'm just testing it all out!

But it's not fully automatic at all yet. I have a script which will go through and set the donor level for a user in all projects based on their id's in statstool. I ran it for a few known donors last night. It's way beyond time that I recognized these people.

Biggest problem I have is that I have a list of people who have donated over the years but no current way to easily tie the email address back to a user (hmm, perhaps I can use the email addresses in vbulletin to check..)

It's going to take a while to get it sorted out.

I do like the idea of 'special' crunching awards though. That would be pretty easy to automate Different icons though. I'll get with the resident graphic artist (Gopher) and see if we can come up with something..

Bok

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I do like the idea of 'special' crunching awards though. That would be pretty easy to automate Different icons though. I'll get with the resident graphic artist (Gopher) and see if we can come up with something..

Bok
    I love that one Graphics artist I do 1 or 2 images and I'm an artist
    Lauren2u you anything in mind for your background pic, I do have a default free-dc one done but it's simplistic...
    I'm working on the crunching award just now - think I'll leave that as a 3 level one though (well maybe)
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    Lauren2u you anything in mind for your background pic,
    No You did just fine in your choice of the pic Thanks Might have to pic a brighter color for the text tho hard to make out as is

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    go to statstool, you can pick a different color with the image selector