Thread: Long time no crunch....

Long time no crunch....

Ok, so that's a lie, I still crunch OGR for Free-DC very sparingly. Just dropping in to say hi to me extended family (Free-DC) and see how everyone is doing.

Not a whole lot has changed here, except that I'm always busy now. I suppose that's not always a bad thing. An idle mind can be dangerous if put in the wrong hands .

I started storm chasing this year, so that has taken a lot of my extra free time. When I'm not busy actually chasing I'm busy looking at weather models a week or two out. This has pretty much killed my PHP development time. However it has encouraged me to learn Python in an attempt to write my own cross platform radar software. The end for this development is not in sight as I have not dedicated much time to it.

Also, I will be heading to Europe in a couple of days for a five week backpacking trip around Europe. This trip will include stops in Paris, Amsterdam, Mannheim, Prague, Munich, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Cinque Terre (Italian Riviera), and Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen (Swiss Alps).

Sorry I've missed so many birthdays and Christmas parties!
    Warning this Post is Rated "M" for Mature

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape drive somewhere.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Hi Chris,

was wondering when you two were heading off to Europe, it's been a long time planning now.

Have fun!

Bok

What, you're not visiting the UK? It's the only place worth coming to Europe for! Seriously though, enjoy. Sounds like you'll be covering a fair distance. Make sure you capture the memories.

Oh, and the OGR crunching you're doing is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    What, you're not visiting the UK?
    Next summer I plan on taking off for a couple of weeks to see England, Scotland, and Ireland. It was just out of the way at the moment, and I didn't want to waste money on a two way trip through the "Chunnel".
    Warning this Post is Rated "M" for Mature

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape drive somewhere.

Cool! Have a ball on your trip. We'll expect a full report when you get back, so take notes!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    What, you're not visiting the UK? It's the only place worth coming to Europe for!
    Always raining in there! You had Mourinho to visit but now he is in Italy, come to Portugal, sunshine all year...lol

Just means we have less air conditioning units and more crunchers running at a nice temperature.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Just means we have less air conditioning units and more crunchers running at a nice temperature.
    The problem is that you often don't see the sun, it's like in Belgium, always foggy and raining.

If you live near the beach in the north like me you also don't need air conditioning.

My temps Q6600@2.968Ghz running 4 instances of LLR (59 ºC, 55 ºC, 55 ºC, 55 ºC)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magnav0x View Post
    Also, I will be heading to Europe in a couple of days for a five week backpacking trip around Europe. This trip will include stops in Paris, Amsterdam, Mannheim, Prague, Munich, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Cinque Terre (Italian Riviera), and Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen (Swiss Alps).
    just enjoy the STIEGL-beer in Salzburg

I live a hundred kilometers away from there!
    the-mk