Thread: MOT MIA in WCG

MOT MIA in WCG

In the WCG stats, team MyOnlineTeam has not been updating for a bit now, or at least does erratically. Also, the "Today's Breakdown (Top 10)" chart is wrong. BTW, in the user Opportunities and Threats lists, is there any way to show just fellow team members or highlight them in some way?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'm looking at it now..

No, there isn't a way yet to filter on teammates, but we do have it down as an enhancement in our todo list.

Blog Entries
    Oh how I *hate* parsing WCG html !!!!!

In trying to get the teamname from the raw html the parser is falling down on some of the teams as they have changed the html a little.

Put something in to try and alleviate it, we'll see on the next update. Otherwise I'm going to have to rethink how to do it..

Any sign that they are going to get rid of this non boinc client any time soon? Or at least provide some parseable stats?

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I'm looking at it now..

No, there isn't a way yet to filter on teammates, but we do have it down as an enhancement in our todo list.
    That's quite fine. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Oh how I *hate* parsing WCG html !!!!!

In trying to get the teamname from the raw html the parser is falling down on some of the teams as they have changed the html a little.

Put something in to try and alleviate it, we'll see on the next update. Otherwise I'm going to have to rethink how to do it..

Any sign that they are going to get rid of this non boinc client any time soon? Or at least provide some parseable stats?

Bok
    Are you parsing XML or screen scrapes? WCG has some XML which I would think would be easier to parse.

Blog Entries
    Last XML I saw was only for individual users, not for teams (with users) for the classic WCG (not boinc)..

Let me know if this has changed though

Would something like this be the sort of thing you are looking for?

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...e=350&xml=true

Blog Entries
    certainly is.

I'll look into rewriting the parser to use these instead..

Bok

Great! If you can ensure that you use a value for &numRecordPerPage= that is more than the number of team members, you should be able to get the data for the entire team in one shot (assuming there's not some limitation somewhere).

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    hmm I'll look at that now..

Yeah it does
    Do not click on this link (it took me a while to render this BIG team of 2131 members)
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...=2131&xml=true
    <Name> - All Together To Fight AIDS - </Name>
    <TeamId>2SLFR1PFQ1</TeamId>
    <BoincId>10690</BoincId>
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 07-02-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Update
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

MOT MIA in WCG

Just curious on how the progress on this goes. MOT hasn't updated in about four days straight now.

Blog Entries
    I've basically been told by the WCG admins that the WCG 'classic stats are ended now, so I'm going to move them to archived.

Any points added there are just duplicates of the ones on the BOINC wcg stats page anyway (with a multiplier).

You can see those stats here and they have ALL teams/users..

Bok

Interesting. They haven't told us that. True, they've ended their use of the UD agent and are BOINC only now but we still get our stats in points, not credits. BOINC WCG will do fine aside from the fact that it doesn't include anything from the pre-BOINC days at WCG so the first 1-3 years of crunching folks did there isn't included. That's a problem with the data though and not your reporting. It's just not an accurate picture. Thanks for working this!

Ah. found the thread in the WCH fora discussing this. Looks like they'll convert the old point to credits (so I would hope) later this year.

Are all these projects BOINC now?

My Projects

Available Projects

Participate in All Projects
    AfricanClimate@Home
    • Please review the system requirements before opting to participate in this project
    Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together
    FightAIDS@Home
    Help Conquer Cancer
    Human Proteome Folding 2
    Nutritious Rice for the World

If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project.

Please opt me in to new projects as they become available.

I participate in all projects and Beta for WCG but I can't seem to find Which ones are BOINC. I though some of them aren't. Or am I really confused.
    X Grubbers Kick Ass

Check Out Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by KAMCOBILL View Post
    Are all these projects BOINC now?

My Projects

Available Projects

Participate in All Projects
    AfricanClimate@Home
    • Please review the system requirements before opting to participate in this project
    Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together
    FightAIDS@Home
    Help Conquer Cancer
    Human Proteome Folding 2
    Nutritious Rice for the World

If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project.

Please opt me in to new projects as they become available.

I participate in all projects and Beta for WCG but I can't seem to find Which ones are BOINC. I though some of them aren't. Or am I really confused.
    They all come under the Boinc WCG points wrapper, so are not listed as separate projects when it comes to BOINC stats.
    Crunching In Memory of My Dad