Thread: Boinc Rieselsieve up in smoke?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    I was suicidal yesterday, you ****ing jackass.

I've never demanded apologies from anyone because I think it makes the demander look like a conceited jerk, but this is really over the line. I really hope Ironbits is an alcoholic or something, because otherwise this is the type of thing that calls for a sledgehammer to a windshield until the cops come. People always say stand up to a bully, but I say EVERYBODY should stand up to a bully, otherwise you're just encouraging the bully. I'm not suggesting a course of action for anyone, but even Hitler would deserve some sympathy if he were distraught.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Jason,

do you actually think that people should post differently based on how YOU are feeling at the time??

I'd honestly, really like to help you, though I think I'm totally not qualified for what you need...

I've *never* banned any active poster from Free-DC in 5 years, I'm considering it now, I'm sure IB would tell me not too, knowing him well. Tell me why I should not?

Bok

Jason,
    The Administrator posted a message to let us know what he was able to tell us at the time, to keep us abreast of HIS project status.

You posted next with no context to base anything on, which to me, made your post appear to be cynical and insensitive.

I posted my response to you because that's not the first time it has happened and it appeared to be insensitive, based on what I read, so I thought perhaps it was time to give you some constructive criticism, and because I felt it was important to let Bryan know that we support him in his time of need for understanding and patience.

Partly because of Bok's post, I have learned that you had participated in an IRC chat session, and was privy to more than you let on in your post.

Before I had a chance to get back to my post to you, you posted directly at me to let me know how unhappy you were with my ill placed constructive criticism.

So I laughed about it rather than taking it personal.

Now I see you have edited your post and have become further upset and distraught.

I refuse to allow this to get worse than it already is for a total misunderstanding.

I still don't consider my post as an insult to you, or anyone else, so please don't take it that way and calm down.

I don't feel comfortable discussing your personal problems, nor am I qualified to do so, especially in a public forum.

I do wish you the best in all your endeavors and I hope you find lots of peace and happiness in your many journeys along the way.

Phil, I don't think banning is warranted in this particular situation, he's just let himself get all worked up over nothing and I'm sure he'll calm down once he understands no one is out to get him.