Thread: Can't connect to rieselsieve.com

Can't connect to rieselsieve.com

I haven't been able to connect to www.rieselsieve.com for the last week or so. Can anyone else connect from Asia or Australasia?

I don't know what the current situation is, but it probably stems from this.

In the interest of consolidating discussion & moving our efforts forward, I have set up a small forum as a new 'command post' for the Riesel Sieve project, on one of our alternate domains, dc.rieselsieve.com. Since I don't have a copy of the database, anyone would have to re-register to post, but I plan to have this be the central communications point moving forward.

Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I could have always created a 'home' subform for you here

We have them for a few other teams for when they have been down in the past..

Real shame on what has happened. Pity you can get the existing database to put up elsewhere (we have unlimited bandwidth...but would have to see what resources are required..)

Bok

It sure is a shame...it's especially hard because it's not OUR fault so much as LEE'S fault...but being part of the project team, we're all grouped together

If I only had the database, we'd have a lot more options - everyone in the DC community has been supportive, it's just a problem of having to essentially start from scratch in terms of user/stat data
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    so, do you believe that Lee is essentially gone for good along with the vast amount of data that was BOINC Rieselsieve or do you think you'll get it back again ? Hard to believe that he just upped and pulled the plug for no reason whatsoever. Has any attempts been made to contact him throug non-internet means ?

Hell, I'd send him a 500Gb external drive to put it on in the mail if I thought it woud work...

Bok

Honda Sportbike Rider .CBR600 Cappy's Avatar
    ok i took this from my forum, this is what Tank_Master said he

got from IRC last night. there will be no more seiving app,

thats what got them in trouble heres what Tank told us.

they have the servers back now. But B2 is short on cables and will get more tomorrow. They plan is to back up and rebuild everything, for the DB is a mess (has several not needed tables and such).

The credit issue will be discussed tomorrow.

the sieving app may not return to BOINC at all, for that was the offending app. Something about not legally being able to sieve between 128k and 256k... (which we passed a long time ago) don't ask me, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have

More info should be available later today.

so thats were they stand as of now,, gona be a few more days before they gets things back up and running, while its all down they wana do some upgrading looks like will have the LLR's to crunch and thats about it