Thread: Beta Clients clearup

Beta Clients clearup

Righto. There hasn't been much in the way of a systematic comparison with the Beta client .8 with various OS's.

I run all Win XP 32bit. I'll assume that the Beta Client will give a speed increase? Can this be confirmed? Also what is the perfomance difference on 64bit XP for example and Vista 32bit and 64bit respectively. Particularly results for Dual Core Intels, Quad Core Intels on both 65nm and 45nm Arch.

Hard, solid numbers appreciated.

Oh and how do I incorporate the exe file sb2508.exe into my previous version so it starts with a service install. Maybe its not supported that way yet? Or It'll need a hack?

I can't speak regarding the performance question as I don't run windows anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by riptide View Post
    Oh and how do I incorporate the exe file sb2508.exe into my previous version so it starts with a service install. Maybe its not supported that way yet? Or It'll need a hack?
    Just do the same as with the released client.

If you're unsure, download and install the released client, and replace the sb executable with the beta version, then follow the usual instructions.

[can someone move this thread into the beta clients section of the forum please?]

Thanks. Well I renamed it from 2508.exe to sb.exe and it works with the service start.