Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some interesting metrics....

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    But would you really want your email address being sent out in the xml files??? And if you were to choose a username and that one was already in use on some project? (like WCG right now which is a throwback to their non-BOINC client). It would be a MUCH worse a nightmare to sync across projects.

No, CPID's are a very good thing, there are just a few issues with them that haven't been addressed.

From what I read, the cpid is a straightforward hash of the email address anyway, doesn't use any of the other entities so in effect it is your email address in a hashed form.

I'm still not sure why it doesn't sync though. Perhaps that's a topic for some of the boinc mailing lists, see if we can get a definitive answer from some of the boinc devs.

Bok

Is the hash on Ironbits the same as ironbits ?

Blog Entries
    Don't know how they do it exactly, but I'd assume not.

My Email hash is the same in every pc. It's just the CPIDs hash that gives the problem (4 different hashes for each PC).

They don't give a reason for the reason of the problem. Just the things in above post have to be the same throughout the projects.

Dev projected that a fix would be in 6.2.x version. Now at 3.6.8 version.

When I detached them all but one it helped. I'm seesawing over 1M now instead of 300K. Much better, huh?

I think I have my email visable all over, but my password isn't. Hehe, you have it though.

Blog Entries
    Actually I don't

It's encrypted within vBulletin...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12