Thread: Plea for power on OGR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plea for power on OGR

I don't know how many of you have been following things concerning the stats of OGR-25, but it is TRULY down to wire. We could end the project in 4th or 5th place depending on our crunching, linux.de 's crunching, and how much work is left to do in the stubspace. This battle is almost certainly going to be decided in the last few weeks of the project.

If you are the least bit competitive, then please help us by downloading the distributed.net client . Mind you, our competition involves non-BOINC distributed.net scoring, so if the BOINC distributed.net work units aren't applied to the non-BOINC distributed.net Free-DC team(wow, that's 3 proper nouns in a row, and then a regular noun) then it doesn't help our effort.

Now, everybody can crunch what they want, I'm not going to be unhappy with anyone who doesn't help, or even quits helping. But this project is about to end(well sub-project, but the stats aren't going to affect other distributed.net stuff) and it'd be great not to lose our spot in the last days.

GO TEAM!!!

I agree

we need more power on OGR

Just out of interest what nick are you crunching under Jasong?
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Blog Entries
    more power!!
    the-mk

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    we need more power on OGR

Just out of interest what nick are you crunching under Jasong?
    There are two Jason Goatcher's in the stats. The original label for the live one was rieselsanta at gmail dot com , and I only turned that one into Jason Goatcher yesterday or the day before. I didn't want to crunch under an account that I wouldn't ever know the password for(the other account is an old email) so I started a new account. The new account is tremendously younger, but will be well ahead of the old one within a week or so.

Do not crunch all the remaining ogr work units, I need them for the Boincies
    yoyo

Even more reasons to CRUNCH OGR - keep it away from the Boincies!!!

Woo! More power!

With highvoltz and laurenu2 up and cruising again, and the additional power from Fozzie and jasong and others, it's a tight race again!

Let's keep on away!

We had a good day yesterday, we kept linux-de's gain to under 3million, if we can keep that up, we should be able to hold out for around 55 days. Which should be enough.

BTW: jasong: I don't know if you saw my post in the "When will OGR finish thread, but you can combine your old emails into your new account. Instant boost and keeps the stats tidier

PSBTW: The boincies should be worried. End of the week you will be taken by linux-de.org