Hi. Today I noticed a program running in the taskbar called df or something like that so I was curious since it was'nt familiar.

So I did a search and found the directory in "C:\Program Files\df", then I went into dos prompt and removed the hidden attributes on the files.

Next I checked through the batch files and noted that they were to copy a link to the windows startup folder and also to hide the folder and its contents.

This is when I checked the files for viruses, nothing.

So I thought I should go through the text and configuration files before executing the apps.

Nothing more then varibles.. So I opened up a file called "toph19_eef1.inp" and on the first line was : "TOPOLOGY FILE FOR PROTEINS USING EXPLICIT HYDROGEN ATOMS: VERSION".

This is where my suspicions of it being a virus stopped and the question was raised on how this program installed itself, especially since it was around 9Mb in total :/.

So I ran the "foldit.bat" batch file and it started up this program which had a URL.

Needless to say I fired it up and I thought I'd do a quick check on the forum to see if anything like this has happened before.

..A few minutes later and here I am writing this thread and I still don't have a clue on how it downloaded and installed itself

ps. I wrote it this way so you could see how annoyed I am atm