Thread: Shish

Shish

does anyone know how to get in touch with shish directly? I have an old Dell server for him. i will be going past his home town on the 17th sept on my way to scotland. I don't want to take the server on ALL of my tour, and then back home. I have sent him a PM last week but no answer.

anyone?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'll send you his email address.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    HvS yer too kind ya know
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

no one would believe you

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    your right I am a no-one believes me not even the voices in my head believe me anymore..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Mucho appologies guys, my monitor has been defunct and awaiting a replacement. Tried picking up mail on my new Viewty but got cutoff as my mailboxes on Google were so full. Also seems my old business box which I keep for personal stuff only now, has the wrong filter setting and thinks Free-DC is dangerous spam . Anyway Helix, you're priority for answering when I get this tv to play ball properly as a temporary monitor. It's a big LCD but trying to get a workable res between the graphics card and the screen is apparently quite difficult.
    Mail on the way soon as Gary and thanks to Bok for passing on the address.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Given up on the mobile data Viewty as we don't have amobile friendly site and TMobile is a nightmare to setup. Pinched a laptop from next door (braved the rainstorms and winds) cos I'm pee'd off with trying to get the phone to browse and email and figure out some compatible settings to use with the graphics card to the Samsung LCD tv (old problem of text size and oddball resolutions on widescreens not already set up properly).
    Email sent to Helix and thanks Bok for the help. Finally got this stupid laptop browser set up as I couldn't figure why I could log on, get the redirecting you message, then get taken back to the login page. Same thing on the phone I guess but the signal is lousy on 3G during this storm and it's soooo sloooowwww anyway. But I really hate the touchpad mouse on these things as my hands tend to drag across it while I'm typing and the screen or whatever disapEARS or the cursor moves somewhere else....
    Man I'm in some state just now. Think I'll go back to bed till next summer and hope it's better than this one.

Hi Shish, good to hear from you
    If you ever happen to have the way around here there are plenty of boxen for the Anthill
    Last edited by cwhyl; 09-08-2008 at 05:12 AM.

Hi Cwhyl, sorry I nearly missed your post as I've had a few problems after my one 'n only monitor got smashed whilst we were clearing the decks for some work to be done in here. I've finally downgraded my graphics card so I can get an hdmi connector working on the big lcd (never tried it before ) at a usable resolution for text.
    My travelling days are long done my friend so it's unlikely I'll ever leave the UK again or go any distance for that matter as I can't fly, get very tired very quickly and have the proverbial "bad back" caused by too many accidents and too much hard work. What I badly need and have volunteered to be first in line for is a full body transplant but I doubt that'll come in the time left to me or many more lifetimes . As to Anthill, that is long defunct from the high days and most of it is/was doing service in various charitable projects I've been involved with when health permitted as I'm not allowed to work, officially, nowadays but feel the need now and again to avoid total meltdown of my mind as well as my body.
    Still nice to hear from one of the old crew tho' and I'm still available on email if you want to gossip a bit and tell me how life is treating you tho' you should be warned, that once I get going, my emails can stretch to book size even more than my posts sometimes do . Keep in touch my friend and don't be a stranger to Free-DC either.