Thread: Is it the server or me?

Is it the server or me?

Since about 5am this morning every intermediate block I've tried to submit has returned "server busy -- block added to submit queue." Is this normal? I'm running SB as a service under Vista. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Owen

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    It's not just you I'm getting it as well on the ones I run, maybe the server has fallen over or something... I'm using the ip so I know it's not a DNS resolution problem... it's something that end..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Looking at others' stats, this seems to be affecting everyone. Is it something benign like planned server maintenance, or should I be concerned?

There's no news about how serious this is. I've carried on with other projects in the meantime. We are suffering a severe heatwave at the moment so running applications which are kinder on the hardware is probably not a bad thing.
    Warped

Damn, I didn't notice this. Two of my clients (I have a quad core processor) have run out of work and have been doing nothing all day. A third will run out of work tomorrow, and the fourth should be finished its test the day after. I hope they get this resolved soon.
    "Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article." Get free DOS, OS/2 and Windows games at RGB Classic Games

server busy --block added to submit queue

another:
    couldn't report to server [can't connect], retry in 1200 secs [error: 0]

Queue Name # Tests Min n Max n # Done n Increase

first-pass 2046 15868270 15999785 0 n/a

Never seen anything like this.H.

I would have thought the administrators would be giving some feedback, either here or on the official website (home or news sections).

Quote Originally Posted by Warped View Post
    I would have thought the administrators would be giving some feedback, either here or on the official website (home or news sections).
    One would think, considering that the server has been down for over 24 hours. Is it considered poor form to request an admin's response?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    not really they may not be able to fix the problem themselves and / or it's something beyond their control and they maybe trying to figure it out themselves what exactly is the problem.. I mean what would the point in saying we have a problem we're on top of it if they aren't...
    the SoB admin's from what I've seen seem to be on top of it fairly good and they might be awaiting parts maybe?
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

I guess you're right. I'm just mildly distubed that no one has stepped forth to acknowledge that a problem exists.

It seems to have been fixed. Thank you to those responsible.