Thread: Started on some stats..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Started on some stats..

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=nplb

Seeing as I can access the database for nplb, I wrote some sql to pull out the data into seperate tables. Then created some php to pull the data from those tables and then wrote a driver for my stats to pull from here...

Not knowing too much about it, if there are problems let me know..

It'll take a day to settle down..

Bok

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Thank you Bok.

Woo hoo! Thanks a whole, whole bunch Bok! I've been hoping for this for a long time--maybe now we'll have some more folks from Free-DC interested in NPLB.

Especially now that OGR's practically over--hey guys, if anyone out there's looking for a new project to run after OGR, come and check out NPLB! We could definitely use some help.

Max
    (assistant admin at NPLB)

P.S.: One thing that could be changed on the stats page is that we don't keep track of hosts on our stats pages. Instead this could be replaced with the # of primes found by each user--that information can be pulled from here.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Just found s few bugs. The totals for teams are correct but the members on it are wrong.

The following members are not in Free-DC team: tnerual, Laurenu2, paratima, Petey, IronBits, Beyond.

The following members are not in Ars team: BlisteringSheep, smithdc

etc

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    People on teams are based on the entries I found in the 'teams' table...

That should be updated to reflect which users are on which teams..

As for hosts replacement. It doesn't really fit into the framework to replace that, but I could do something similar to what I do for primegrid I guess where I do show the stats per project.

I'll have to look at the tables again and see what info is available.

Bok

Free-DC's Prime Search
    When you click on the teams you see that there are members missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    People on teams are based on the entries I found in the 'teams' table...

That should be updated to reflect which users are on which teams..

As for hosts replacement. It doesn't really fit into the framework to replace that, but I could do something similar to what I do for primegrid I guess where I do show the stats per project.

I'll have to look at the tables again and see what info is available.

Bok
    Here's how to tell which team a user is on: the user will have the team name preceding their nickname as part of their listed username. For example, "Free-DC_em99010pepe" would be Carlos's username.

Of course, that still doesn't solve the problem of how to determine whether an underscore denotes a team, or whether it is part of the username. What I did when writing a Perl script a while back for generating CSV format results to insert into our database, was keep a file called "teams.dat" which contained every possible permutation of every yet-known team name that would possibly show up in the result. Then, if the text before a "_" in a username matched one of the known team names, I would set that as the team name.

I'm sure a similar thing could be used for your stats here--what comes to mind right off the bat is the possibility of reading all the team names on the team stats page, then using that similarly to my teams.dat file in my aforedescribed Perl script.

Max