Thread: Spare typing cycles needed!

Exclamation Spare typing cycles needed!

Guys, we are really losing out in this project.

We are ranked 1540th! However, looking at that from another angle, there are tons of potential overtakes just moments away. There are lots of inactive teams above, not to mention the ones we could catch easily anyway. It is within the rules to install the software on any machine you type on, for instance, I have it installed on my main desktop PC and my laptop.

There is only proper support for Windows, but there are Mac and Linux versions in development (no news for a long time, though). The software consumes only a couple of megabytes of RAM, so there's no concern there. The client software has lots of nice features like being able to tell you which keys you use the most (though it doesn't send this information to the server) and a real time graphical counter. The project has all sorts of different stats to sate your stats hunger.

If you're concerned about privacy or key logging, check their privacy policy.

This is something that nearly everyone can participate in so come and help out!

Rather than creating a new topic, I'm just bumping this one :]

Free-DC is at 1492nd place (we were 1490 yesterday!) It's fun and silly, and for we poor sods who mooch at a computer for too much of the day, a way to measure just how much (or how little!) we produce. (I swear my left hand pinky is changing shape from all the Shift-key mooshing I have to do with typing in LaTeX )

Anyhow, it's fun and silly and great for those who love playing with the stats

48 places gained in 5 months? We need to step it up.

This would be great on a gamer's machine, especially those games which involve lots of keystrokes like FPS. I remember back in the Project Dolphin (or was it Orca?) days, I was playing lots of UT99 and it would rack up thousands of keystrokes in no time at all. Unfortunately, I do the majority of my gaming on consoles these days.

You're thinking of Project Dolphin.

I used to play a text based MUD game a long time ago that resulted in like 20,000 keystrokes per hour. Too bad I lost interest.
    Distributed Hold'em

Actually, there was a Project Orca as well. IIRC, it was the rebirth of Project Dolphin when it died a slow death.

20,000 keystrokes per hour? Hello RSI!

RSI? Huh?
    Distributed Hold'em