Thread: Sieve Cleanup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    *crunch* *crunch* *sieve* *crunch*

I just officially abandoned my range. I mentioned it in the forums a while back, but didn't think to make it official. I'm pretty sure it was partially completed, so I'm hoping the person who gets it receives information on found factors in that range.

I started writing information on my crunching, but it was so God-awfully detailed that you should probably just start from scratch.

I haven't done any sieving for a long time and can't find the details on jasong's range, but I'll take it if someone can clue me up.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    I haven't done any sieving for a long time and can't find the details on jasong's range, but I'll take it if someone can clue me up.
    Log on to http://www.sierpinskisieve.com and click "Available Range Check" to see the size of it and if it's still available. Then you just reserve a range of that size.

Thanks!

I'm up and running with the command line:
    Code:
    sr2sieve-x86-windows.exe -s -c --pmin 12694450000000000 --pmax 12699450000000000 --intel --sse2
    Can someone just confirm that I'm running the right pmin/pmax values for 12694450-12699450 G (I'm assuming G is 10^9) and suitable flags to run on a single core of a C2D?

It seems about right, but I don't type in those long numbers any more... I use the Bartistrator from http://tools.1up.no/

Makes things alot easier.

The range I took over is done now. Most SoB factors were known, but only a few (possibly none) PSP factors were known.