Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sieve Cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've started crunching his smaller range, can we start lining up a candidate to take over the larger range, it's 5G.
    I'll take it, just give me the info. :-)

The next person of interest is JasonG (again).

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11313
    Joe O

Quote Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
    I'll take it, just give me the info. :-)
    OK, I'll PM you the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    The next person of interest is JasonG (again).

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11313
    I just sent him a PM this morning about his ranges.

*crunch* *crunch* *sieve* *crunch*

I just officially abandoned my range. I mentioned it in the forums a while back, but didn't think to make it official. I'm pretty sure it was partially completed, so I'm hoping the person who gets it receives information on found factors in that range.

I started writing information on my crunching, but it was so God-awfully detailed that you should probably just start from scratch.

I haven't done any sieving for a long time and can't find the details on jasong's range, but I'll take it if someone can clue me up.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    I haven't done any sieving for a long time and can't find the details on jasong's range, but I'll take it if someone can clue me up.
    Log on to http://www.sierpinskisieve.com and click "Available Range Check" to see the size of it and if it's still available. Then you just reserve a range of that size.

Thanks!

I'm up and running with the command line:
    Code:
    sr2sieve-x86-windows.exe -s -c --pmin 12694450000000000 --pmax 12699450000000000 --intel --sse2
    Can someone just confirm that I'm running the right pmin/pmax values for 12694450-12699450 G (I'm assuming G is 10^9) and suitable flags to run on a single core of a C2D?

It seems about right, but I don't type in those long numbers any more... I use the Bartistrator from http://tools.1up.no/

Makes things alot easier.

The range I took over is done now. Most SoB factors were known, but only a few (possibly none) PSP factors were known.

My range is gonna take a while. This machine gets shut down at night now, so I'm only 5.3% done so far.

Can people please make sure that they check in to let us know that the ranges are still in progress. If I don't hear anything in the next month I'll look to reassign the ranges again.

Where do we check in? Here?

I'm 58% through my only reserved range and am hoping to finish mid to late July.

Where do we check in? Here?

I'm 58% through my only reserved range and am hoping to finish mid to late July.
    Thanks for letting me know, I've edited your range to include those notes. In future you can check in by editing your range on http://sierpinskisieve.com and changing the range comment.

I finished my range, submitted the factors on sierpinskisieve.com and marked it as complete there too. Do I need to submit the factors on seventeenorbust.com/sieve as well? Apologies for my ignorance, it's been a hell of a long time since I last did any sieving here.

I finished my range, submitted the factors on sierpinskisieve.com and marked it as complete there too. Do I need to submit the factors on seventeenorbust.com/sieve as well?
    The fantastic site sierpinskisieve.com does all that for you, so no need to resubmit to PSP or SoB.

Thanks opyrt. Sorry to take this thread slightly off topic for a sec but I got credited with 3705 for 4.5 million seconds of work. Considering I've not sieved much in the past and yet my total score is ~500,000, why was the range I just completed worth relatively little?

Thanks opyrt. Sorry to take this thread slightly off topic for a sec but I got credited with 3705 for 4.5 million seconds of work. Considering I've not sieved much in the past and yet my total score is ~500,000, why was the range I just completed worth relatively little?
    I see that you are now ranked at 57th in PSP Sieve. Well done, you had 0 points there.

Looking at the SoB sieve stats:
    http://www.henleyclan.co.uk/sobsieve...me/ui/0201.htm

I see that your newly found factors are a bit higher than current "n", so you'll have to be a bit patient (and pray we don't find a prime? )
    Please note the "could be" scores for your new factors.

Hope this helps!

Aaah, OK. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You can check in by editing your range on http://sierpinskisieve.com and changing the range comment.
    Code:
    The following users have reserved ranges, and have not checked in during the last 30 days:
    user	 	date of last check in
    Sport		June 7, 2009 
    Freeze_XJ	June 15, 2009
    It's time for Freeze to warm up and give us a % complete or estimated completion date.

Does anyone know who Sport is?
    Joe O

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    Does anyone know who Sport is?
    Could be it's the same Sport as the one on the DC-Vault forums. I'll send him a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
    Could be it's the same Sport as the one on the DC-Vault forums. I'll send him a pm.
    Yep that's me!!

I'm running this on a remote machine; that looks like I need check on

I've checked in with an edit

EDIT:

Since I don't have a clue how to make this work and all the client links that I've found are derelict...I've abandoned my reservations until I can get a grasp here...sorry!!!
    Last edited by Sport; 07-20-2009 at 10:26 PM.

I've taken on this abandoned range to clean up the gap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12