Thread: Rally Nov. 21st-23rd

Free-DC's Prime Search

Rally Nov. 21st-23rd

From NPLB forum:

Quote Originally Posted by gd_barnes
    To all,

We're planning another LLRnet rally next weekend from Nov. 21st at 7 PM GMT to Nov. 23rd at 7 PM GMT (2 PM EST / 11 AM PST U.S.).

The rally will be run mostly run on port 400 (for the heavier hitters) and port 443 (for smaller resources). We may also reactivate port 5000 depending on the resources running the rally. (Note by Max: G4000 is also now open for rally work. I'm guessing that it can handle a pretty heavy load, though it hasn't been tested and thus the primary load should go on IB400 unless we can get a good pre-rally load test going to verify what it can handle.)

If you can't run our usual project servers and wish to run your own, let us know how many cores you'll be running and we'll send you a range just for the rally.

Max, can you post a response that asks for and shows the cores that everyone will be bringing. Right now, I'm going to plan on a full 40 fast cores. (I may run 3-4 slow cores also.)

Bring on the firepower as we attempt to finish the 1st drive by year end!

Gary
    Servers:

server = "nplb.ironbits.net"
    port = 400

#2:
    server = "nplb.dynip.telepac.pt"
    port = 443

server = "nplb-gb1.no-ip.org"
    port = 4000

http://nplb.ironbits.net/

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Less than 24 hours to start...

So, anyone from Free-DC up to challenging Raiders of the Lost Primes to a team-vs.-team race during this rally?

I'm on it with 6 cores!

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    I'm on it with 6 cores!
    I've got 6 cores on it myself (though not sure how long I can keep up 4 of them), so that just about balances out yours.

I guess the main question is: can Free-DC top Gary's 32 cores? (And he's hoping to get 8 more that are currently down for repairs back up sometime soon...not sure if he's got them on yet or not.)

Free-DC's Prime Search
    NPLB misses Helix....