Thread: redhat dualie

redhat dualie

how can i make DF use both CPU's? the default run uses CPU1, how can i run a 2nd instance on CPU0?

You should be able to just create a second directory, copy the DF client over and run two instances of the client, one from each of the directories. The OS should schedule one to run on CPU0 and the other on CPU1.

Jeff.

nice one cheers

how can i make it run in the background? at the mo i'm running it via SSH

Put the -qt switch in the foldit script (so that it doesn't output anything to the screen), and then run ./foldit & to get it into the background.

The & tells your shell to start up the foldit script in the background.

Originally posted by bwkaz
    Put the -qt switch in the foldit script (so that it doesn't output anything to the screen), and then run ./foldit & to get it into the background.

The & tells your shell to start up the foldit script in the background.
    cheers

With ./foldit & the background process will terminate if you log off. I use the following:

nohup ./foldit > ./foldit.err 2>&1 &

Make sure you use the -qt option in the script to disable the output.

Vic

i logged off 10 mins ago and both processes are still running

root
    ./foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -qt -df -it -rt

root
    ./foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -qt -df -it -rt

Interesting. I usually use Tru64 UNIX and you need the nohup. I just tried it on a LINUX system and it appears you don't need nohup there. So, if you're using LINUX, nevermind.

Vic
    Yes, yes. Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But, at least there is symmetry.

Babylon 5

try:
    sh exec ./foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -qt -df -it -rt &

It will start a new shell, start the program and replace the shell with foldtrajlite.

or just install 'screen'.... run screen, start script and then ^AD to detach... run screen -R to re-attach an instance (add one of the numbers of those reported, if you are running multiple screens).

Though this client probably is not looked upon as a security risk, it is recommended to run as few applications as possible as root... just a tip for you, Lucifer. I, personally, do not run anything as root unless the source is available.

pmfp sends
    "There's only one bullet with your name on it, there's a thousand other ones that are addressed 'To Whom It May Concern'."
    -Tracy Paul Warrington