Thread: So Frustrating...

So Frustrating...

I'm sitting on a truck load of structs (for me, not of the size of the big guns :P )... But I can't upload a single struct....

I am pulling my hair out, Howards been helping out via email, but can't find out what the problem is...

I have a question... what happens if the target is reached and my upload problem still isn't fixed.. can I still get credit later ?

Or do i have a deadline to get them in ? I was thinking of taking Fobots idea, burning a CD or two and borrowing some ADSL to upload them all... (and hope it works...)

I'm still trying to help out the team, but I've been Grey for many days now

(My 1.3G died but was replaced with a XP 1800 )

you have 24 hours after the protein change , to get full credit

we expect the change to happen next tuesday, during the day , eastern time , so you have about 8 days from now to get them up the pipe

good luck!!
    Use the right tool for the right job!

Thanks Fobot...

sounds like I'll have to pull some favours and find a mate with some downloads left.

Howards hopes that I should be able to upload after the next protien change, and the decreased upload amount...

Heres Hoping.

Keepin' our fingers crossed for ya, m8!

Sorry to hear that you are having problems uploading your results.

Hope you mange to get al them structs uploaded before next week.

I've hooked up a mate that has Free Uploads on his ADSL, so as long as it isn't a problem with my client or something I'll burn the dirs off my boxen and give them to him to upload on the weekend.

And until the new protien I might do a little seti...

Make sure that when he's trying to upload, the "readonly" bit is not set on the files. Windows likes to do that -- if you copy files off a CD (even a CD-R), they'll have their attributes set to readonly, just because they were on a readonly medium. And then that carries over to the hard drive, and when he tries to upload, he gets some error.

I don't believe this is a problem on Unix (although I could be wrong, so make sure), because of the umask capability -- all created files have a "default" permission of rw-r--r-- (assuming your umask is 022), unless they're executable on the CD (but that would require Rock Ridge, again).

Just a heads-up, something else you'll want him to check.

It looks like you got at lease some of your lost sheep home?

Yup, it looks like Alpha's begun an assault on the denizens of Stats Page One.

I only hope that the with the new protien my upload problem is fixed, so that I can upload whenever I wish, burning cds, and relying on the kindness of mates itsn't the best system.

But its good to move up a little, instead of seeing myself being passed on the highway like a broken-down car.

I even made it to orange