Thread: iPod info

iPod info

So being an old fart, and needing something to replace my broken sony CD player I trot off to the store and buy one of them there iPod nano's. Complete with "ear buds." The only problem is those ear buds don't like to stay in this bud's ears. So I trotted out to "where America shops" looking for a headset or something like that. Well I didn't get very far. So then I headed online to the iPod store. Can't say as I met with satisfaction there either as the cheapest thing that would work was like 70 bux, on up to the Bose stuff that cost more than the iPod. Now there's other stuff out there for brand X stuff that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but then that stuff doesn't have the Apple seal of approval either. So not being into all this stuff, but being desirous of listening to sounds while I'm out hot-footing it along the trail is there something out there in this world that works with the iPod that doesn't cost a fortune, and will stay on the ears?????

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's all very subjective really.

I didn't like the original earplugs that came with my ipod many years ago and seeing as I do a lot of flying I ended up buying some Bose ones which are fantastic. Usually if you spend $75 or more though on the 'in-ear' ones you get a variety of end pieces which you can choose to use based on ear-size...

Check out the section on this page about headphones:
    http://gizmodo.com/5098461/5-gadgets...ey-buying-them

..just a thought but I've got a motorola bluetooth radio (motorola D650) for my Nano and a matching Motorola S9 headset ....I'll never be wired again....comfortable, stable, relatively obscure, and no damned wires in the way ......it is a bit of a power hog though 6 hours of hard use and the headset needs to be recharged through mini USB and the ipod needs to be recharged as well...

did I say that this headset also will work with your phone as a bluetooth headset with a mic... and you have complete control of your ipod through the headset controls without ever taking your ipod out of your pocket and line of site range is over 100 feet?

the entire setup(minus Nano) $89>$129...I don't regret it abit ....Bluetooth takes the ipod experience to a whole new level!!!!!

on a more reasonable level ...sony makes a terrific over ear hook set of buds that you can get at wally world for around $20 that is my second choice
    Last edited by Sport; 11-28-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Good to know! Thanks Sport.