Thread: Any problems contacting server?

Any problems contacting server?

Recently Ive received a number of e-mails from users having trouble contacting the server (when uploading data). Has anyone had problems uploading data lately, for whom this was never a problem before?? It is possible O-net is having network problems again but no one tells me this sort of stuff so I can only find out from you. Otherwise, Ill assume the problem is on the client side of the connection. Thanks.
    Howard Feldman

Re: Any problems contacting server?

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    Recently Ive received a number of e-mails from users having trouble contacting the server (when uploading data). Has anyone had problems uploading data lately, for whom this was never a problem before?? It is possible O-net is having network problems again but no one tells me this sort of stuff so I can only find out from you. Otherwise, Ill assume the problem is on the client side of the connection. Thanks.
    Hi Howard

The only trouble I ever have in contacting the server is from my college. For some reason the college network makes for an iffy situation in uploads and even getting to the website. I just run the client with no net access while at school and upload when I get home.

Other than that everything has been slick.

No problems that I've noticed. Both computers have 0 sets buffered currently, so if there was a problem, I've gotten to upload in the five hours since you posted.

I do run "large buffers", as well, though, so that's part of the reason it doesn't matter much to me, and I don't check on it too often.

traceroute says I'm routing through the MTU gateway, then through a couple of MichNet gateways, then to the Chicago Teleglobe server, then to the Toronto Teleglobe server, and from there to the O-net boxes you were talking about. From there it's a single hop to the www.distributedfolding.org server. So if that gives you any idea of where I'm coming in from...