Thread: HELP request - Setting up BOINC CPID + Other stats

Blog Entries

Question HELP request - Setting up BOINC CPID + Other stats

Gang,
    Hate to admit it, but truth be told.... I cannot get the stat's pages to the point of giving me the link so I can include it properly (text formatted stats like Moogie's) into my signature block and it's not reporting any errors and not giving a popup for colors like I expect.... and YES, I do have two tabs open and it recognizes I am logged in as me.

I know I can be dense at times, but I'm obviously missing something about the CPID and OGR26 (or is it OGRNG) stats requirements ? Those are the only two I'm working on.
    I've read the FAQ many times and am just missing something STUPID.... so me as much as necessary... All I would like are the OGR26/NG and current BOINC (Nqueens) stats to show up... nice and simple. All I do get is a Big Red circle from the BOINC CPID side. The rest, I can take it from there.

May I have an stats-for-idiots example please?

Thanks in advance,
    C.

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<

Sent you a PM.
    That should get you on the road
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Blog Entries

First stats trial.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    Sent you a PM.
    That should get you on the road

DId not get the PM yet... but the post did help.....

It's not pretty, but I think it works and THANK YOU for the help!!!!... here we go.. first post with it!!!!

EDIT2: Changed the colors... have to wait for the next 30 min before the image updates, right? White text should become #000000 (black) with solid background of medium-dark green.

Edit.... Ok..... Gotta make that nice with black text and solid image Have an idea. But just in case........ Suggestion?

...... stats go below this line....

C.
    Last edited by Chuck; 01-03-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Bingo

MANY MANY THANKS!!!

There she is!!!

I did have to go and re-edit the 'signature' by deleting the old one and putting in the new link..... I wonder if the stats are a static image or if it will update every 30min?

C.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    The images are on the fly, though we do also offer static ones generated every 30mins as well (for those places where php code is not allowed)..

Bok

Blog Entries

Sent you a PM

You got PM.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Blog Entries

You shold be set now

Per your request, I've sent you the information you requested.

Let me know if you need any more help.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
    Per your request, I've sent you the information you requested.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks.... I will keep an eye out for it in the email.

C.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Question on Country Stats using CPID + THANKS

A simple question.... I didn't know where to post it other than here in the Stats section.

Does this link: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...=nqe&name=5661

which shows me as 95th rank, mean I'm in 95th place in the country as far as the Nqueens project is concerned?

I would like to use a font other than Arial (something a little bolder/thicker), but that is the only font showing up for me in the tool, the other slots are blank for me... Is this normal?

Lastly, and most importantly, I want to thank the admins for helping me understand the power / flexibility of the stats tool and getting things figured out. It really is pretty comprehensive!

With GREAT thanks,
    C.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    A simple question.... I didn't know where to post it other than here in the Stats section.

Does this link: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...=nqe&name=5661

which shows me as 95th rank, mean I'm in 95th place in the country as far as the Nqueens project is concerned?
    It only has the ranks for your joining date (where you are #1) and for country on there (where you are #89) I presume this was 95th when you posted so yes. The overall project ranks and teamranks can be seen on the teampage

There is no reason we shouldn't display them on the user page as well though now that you mention it - I'll add it on our list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    I would like to use a font other than Arial (something a little bolder/thicker), but that is the only font showing up for me in the tool, the other slots are blank for me... Is this normal?
    I don't think we ever went back and added other fonts when we added the functionality in, it's actually fairly trivial though now the framework is there. Let me know what you would like to use and I'll add it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    Lastly, and most importantly, I want to thank the admins for helping me understand the power / flexibility of the stats tool and getting things figured out. It really is pretty comprehensive!

With GREAT thanks,
    C.
    Statstool can certainly still be improved upon. I've got some enhancements in mind for it.. but I'm quite happy with it for now. Gopher and AMDave have helped a lot with this and the rest of the stats recently..

Bok

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Requested/Suggested fonts for stats.

Bok,
    Thanks for verifying the info... and yes I was 95th when i posted and shortly thereafter it went to 89.... Murphy's Law.

As for fonts... The existing Veranda default is nice.... I'm thinking of legibility on all the PCs and laptops at all the resolutions.... ... Tahoma Black / Bold is also nice as is Veranda norm or Bold..... Actuallly... just look at the fonts available in the list for writing a post and select a fine, perhaps 2 mediums and a bold/black ... I would not go lighter than arial as it is... it is already single pixel width, no go with anythign to crazy.. they are just stats afterall.

Hope that makes sense... I could mention the Linotype fonts by name, but that wouldn't match the new names (I used to work for Mergenthaler when the first 'dry output' photo typesetters were created... it was our group in engineering that got to play with the neat new '64kb x 1' DRAMS..... WOW!..... .... and I have some cool 1watt lasers and parts from those days... (save discussion for 'old farts day)...

Hope that makes sense as they are the fonts you already have loaded and in use in the system.

Thanks,
    C.
    Last edited by Chuck; 01-04-2009 at 03:09 AM.