Thread: Need a little stats help: re Knights

Need a little stats help: re Knights

Finally got enough free time to do some debugging. I went after the Knights (team 157), which showed tons of errors on the Changes pages.

Origianlly 331 changes shown

dumped a suspicious data block which brought it to
    179 changes

deleted another bad block, bringing it to
    157 changes, which is more or less current.

That's less than half what it started with. Much better, and the obviously bad membernames are gone. But there are still lots of movement. Does it look right now, for the Knights anyway? I was too busy to watch during the past couple of months.
    Get Addicted

That's pretty cool. My systems have tracked the changes as well, but I've never bothered to put it in a table like that.

Very nice, reader50!

This should be much more accurate now with Howard's new UIDs, though I know you'd already worked out a pretty good way to track users.

I'm not sure about the actual track record for the Knights, but I'm sure the ones who frequent this place will weigh in with their own thoughts...

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar
    It looks pretty good now. From what I can remember I think it is even fairly accurate. There are lots of Knightly movements because we are always running around on crusades. Good job on compiling the list. It should be easier for you in the future now that the UID is available.

Good work!

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar
    I made some moves this morning. Some do show and others don't.

What I did:
    1. Moved KWSN_Millennium2001Guy from team 157 to team 5
    2. Moved KWSN Millennium Knight from team 5 to team 157
    3. Moved KWSN The Borg Knight from team 5 to team 157.

What shows on http://teamstats.macnn.com/dfold/sta...er=157&page=w2
    Items 1 and 3

What shows on http://teamstats.macnn.com/dfold/sta...mber=5&page=w2
    Items 2 and 3

Hope this helps

Ni!

/me tips hat and

Hmmmmmm.

Sorry guys, I stopped checking this thread after a few days, and the first 2 replies.
    "email notification? what's that?"

KWSN just got reprocessed again today to get rid of a new bad block 4 days ago. MacNN also got reprocessed for a bad block 2 weeks back, and still has a few minutes to go as I post this. I'm not sure why KWSN in particular seems to get more bad blocks, maybe it's the aftershave?

Final code will have additional traps to automatically filter out bad data pulls. The beta code has simple traps, but a few bad pulls are still slipping through. Too many ... once we went to 20-40 teams on every project, maintenance would be a constant time-eater.

Regarding Changes showing, the beta code has some bad habits. An account that returns to a team it's previously been on will not show, and will remove it's previous departure entry (on that team). The beta code had not been written with constant movements in mind. Final code already fixes this, the most recent Departure and Return will be retained and shown. Along with a few other "changes", good things are in store.

Thanks guys, I'd been wondering why we seemed to have so many duplicate entries on KWSN, even apparently valid ones. Travelling accounts.
    Get Addicted