Thread: Dual core, no clue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dual core, no clue

Hey,
    I'm trying to get my PCs to run SB on both cores, from the forums I read that I should run 'two copies', I don't really get what that means, so I just opened the same client twice, turned out they just doing the same tests, no apparent extra benefits.
    So I installed a second version of SB, now both installations were doing the same test again, but a brand new one so 2 weeks of calculations were lost.
    After uninstalling the 2nd installation the work is still lost (lost for good?).
    I'm no computer freak, and don't understand *why* I should have to hunt around to figure this out.
    So please tell me, as a stupid windows user what I should do, any response along the lines of: "execute -r 4390:something" should ideally explain how the heck I run a command
    Sorry for my ignorance on this.
    Cheers,
    Ben.

Edit, yes from this tutorial I cann see that the test is truly gone.
    PS. I'm not a complete computer illiterate, in fact I've worked as a JavaScript programmer for two years now, but I feel that this whole system should be more user friendly for people not familiar with regular compiled apps.
    Last edited by BenjaminJoffe; 01-20-2009 at 05:35 AM.
    Prime Shmime.