Thread: Can't update statstool

Can't update statstool

When I follow the link for "Statstool Configuration" (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=statstool), instead of taking me to the big page where I can put in my project ids, i get a page with:

Do you wish to create an entry for statstool based on your currently logged in name of BlisteringSheep?

***Please note*** if you are using IE7, it will show a cached version of the page without the updated information!!! (i.e. will ask you to press create once more...) IT HAS inserted the details into the DB. Until I can figure out how to override the default behavior, please wait a few mins and hit refresh..OR go into the IE7 settings Tools->Internet Options->Browsing History->Settings and change the 'Check for newer versions of stored pages' to 'Every time before you click create' - I'm working on it.... - Bok
    Right after my name there's a "Create" button. If I click it, it throws up a message "Updated ........." in a floating layer that fades out in a couple of seconds. The page never changes.

I've tried with multiple browsers, multiple operating systems.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    I think Bok is working on something It may have broken something I'm sure I'll find a fix, bear with me while I have a look at it and see if I can't give you a more detailed answer.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    I think Bok is working on something It may have broken something I'm sure I'll find a fix, bear with me while I have a look at it and see if I can't give you a more detailed answer.
    Certainly. Let me know if there's any data I can provide or if there's something you'd like for me to test.

I've had a quick look, posted about this in the bug sub-forum I can see and I'm going to have a look as see if I work this one out manually.

Update got it working duff line while it was being worked on, fixed temporarily
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 01-23-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    I've had a quick look, posted about this in the bug sub-forum I can see and I'm going to have a look as see if I work this one out manually.

Update got it working duff line while it was being worked on, fixed temporarily
    Awesome! Works for me

Yes well a few things were bound to break when we moved the server from where it is to the newer faster one...
    I guess it's time for a code review.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Good.

Ironbits and I moved the databases to a new machine on wednesday which has a different IP address. Should have been seamless as we hold the mysql config in one file which I changed, but it looks like statstool had it's own configuration string still pointing to the old server...

New machine seems to be a bit faster too, not that the last one wasn't mind And it's now got 16Gb Ram which is helping a lot. Most of the indexes are completely in memory

Bok