Thread: Newbie Question

Newbie Question

Hey folks, just started sieving for the first time yesterday. I found one factor last night that I was able to submit it successfully to the SoB site. However, I just found another one in my new range and I'm unable to submit it.

Code:
    Factors
    12681576529046939|79817*2^9574479+1
    Verification Results

Factor table setup returned 1
    Test table setup returned 1

0 of 1 verified in 0.02 secs.
    0 of the results were new results and saved to the database.
    Does this mean the factor I found has already been found? I'm just a bit confused. Thanks

You have found a factor for the PSP project. Combined sieving produces factors for SoB and PSP. You should submit PSP factors here: http://www.psp-project.de/sieveimport.php but you first need to get your name added to the list by posting a message here: http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=8162

As you have noticed if you submit a factor to the wrong project it will simply be ignored (unless you choose the "SOB factors reported by PSP" option on the PSP sieve import page). So the simplest way to submit factors to both projects is simply to paste the contents of your fact.txt file into both factor submission pages.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You have found a factor for the PSP project. Combined sieving produces factors for SoB and PSP.
    Ahh, very good. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I've already left a post on the PSP forums and cc'd tld via email. I think tld is traveling this week so it's taking a bit longer than usual to get me setup over there.

Matt, here's another dumb question. Does my name on your reservation site need to match my name on both SOB and PSP? I had signed up for your site and PSP before SOB. On yours and PSP's, I used my standard name known to the DC community (Tobit). However, when I got to SOB, I had to use a variation of my name (TobitOCP) as someone in 2002 had already registered as Tobit but never did any work for the project. Will this cause any problems?

I now have SOB stats showing up and have factors waiting for import to PSP. ltd hasn't been able to set me up yet.

Blog Entries
    we definitely need sierpinskisieve.com/sievesubmit
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    Matt, here's another dumb question. Does my name on your reservation site need to match my name on both SOB and PSP? I had signed up for your site and PSP before SOB. On yours and PSP's, I used my standard name known to the DC community (Tobit). However, when I got to SOB, I had to use a variation of my name (TobitOCP) as someone in 2002 had already registered as Tobit but never did any work for the project. Will this cause any problems?

I now have SOB stats showing up and have factors waiting for import to PSP. ltd hasn't been able to set me up yet.
    It is useful if usernames can be the same between all projects so that we can easily contact users if necessary. Obviously in this case this was not possible. The only impact for you will be that the link to your stats page from sierpinskisieve.com will not work (it's a very simple straight username match).

we definitely need sierpinskisieve.com/sievesubmit
    That's a good idea, and something I had not previously thought of. I think it should technically be possible - I'll look into it!