Thread: Factor Submission Script

Factor Submission Script

Has anyone had any experience of automated factor submission for SOB? PSP is very easy as you just submit a POST with the username in but I think SOB requires that a user log in before they can submit.

Is there any way to submit factors to SOB without logging in?

Blog Entries
    sobistrator can submit factors automatically. with or without logging.
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is there any way to submit factors to SOB without logging in?
    Submitting factors without logging in works fine AFAIK, but you don't get any credit.

I think the answer to my question is that if you want to recieve credit you need to log in. There is no way to simply specify an account to which the factors should be assigned without specifiying that account's password.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have got a factor submission script working that submits to both PSP and SoB. I really would appreciate it if people could test it?

The script is located here http://www.sierpinskisieve.com/submit.php

If you log in then you can go to 'Change your info' and save your PSP and SoB usernames so they are automatically filled out each time. I cannot promise that the script is fully accurate at the moment so please submit your factors in the proper way first and then submit them a second time using my script.

Please let me know if you have success or failure.

Good stuff Matt, I just tried it here with success.

Code:
                    SoB     PSP
    Status          Success Assumed Success
    Total Lines     1       1
    Factors         0       1
    New Factors     0       1

Blog Entries
    /me submitted factors as well. all seems working fine.
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

I have updated the script so that it does not need you to enter your SoB password anymore. I have also implemented a logging facility as a backup in case for some reason the factor submission doesn't work. Hopefully this new system should be a bit more reliable. I've also added a basic level of factor verification.

You probably won't notice much difference from the users point of view. I would appreciate if people could let me know if it's working ok please?

Nice job Matt!

I just submitted a SoB factor... We'll see when stats update tonight if it was accepted correctly or not. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
    I just submitted a SoB factor... We'll see when stats update tonight if it was accepted correctly or not. :-)
    Success!

Thanks for checking it out :-)