Thread: Updates

Blog Entries

Updates

I noticed that the stats for VTU seem to be somewhat behind the actual credits received. It appears that they are not updating often. This may be just how it works. I'm not sure how often FDC updates.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    I know bok has scripts that run at least once a day to grab the stats and check if they've been updated maybe they update the export stats irregularly and thus they aren't appearing to be updated, it all depends on the actual project involved.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    That's why I was asking. It just appears that it's not updated in a bit. I'm glad you are the one's who have to deal with it and all I have to do is ask the questions.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    he he he, it's always good when people ask questions it keeps us stats guys on our toes...
    I'm sure Bok will see this and check to see what's going on and kick the script if needed.

(hidden limit 25)
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    The scripts run in a constant loop. Checking every (BOINC) project for updates using the tables.xml file. Unless Seti updates are occurring which is once per day, we are never more than 20mins or so behind the actual export. The script runs through everything and does it's updates then migrates to live, then it sleeps for 15mins only and rinse and repeat.

VTU@Home like many other projects only export their stats once per day unfortunately..without asking the project to export more often there is nothing we can do.

You can always see when the stats last checked for updates in the top right corner for a project along with when it actual did manage to update.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    VTU@Home like many other projects only export their stats once per day unfortunately..without asking the project to export more often there is nothing we can do.

You can always see when the stats last checked for updates in the top right corner for a project along with when it actual did manage to update.
    Thanks Bok. So I take it we are more at the mercy of whenever the project exports their stats and such. I had noticed that it's been updated through 2/19 (a.m.) and last checked this morning (2/20) about the same time. That's why I asked

Honest, I wasn't complaining or asking you to do anything more. I just didn't understand how it all works. Thanks for the info and I'm sorry if I came across as if I was whining.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    No, didn't think that at all