Hi guys.
Need to make some fast (Monday 23rd am) decisions on a pair of new systems so any hard facts, personal experience, links to good comparisons etc welcome. The reason is I have been offered a very good deal on some hardware for a project and I'm only on the net via a laptop which ain't easy for me to use physically. So here goes.....
System 1 Either:-
AMD Phenom II 2.8Ghz on an Asus M3-A78T with OCZ DDR2 1150 2x4Gb memory and an ATI 4850 1Ghz mem. OR
Intel Q6600 G0 SLACR 2.4Ghz on a Gigabyte GA-EP45C plus either of OCZ DDR2 1150 2x4Gb memory or OCZ DDR3 1600x4Gb plus the ATI again.

System 2 Either:-
I7 920 2.66Ghz plus 12Gb OCZ 1600 DDR3 or appropriate memory for the board specified of 12Gb which can be any of Asus P6T, P6T Deluxe V2, P6T WSPro.
This board combo will also have dual 4870 1Gb cards and several raid5 setups/wifi hardware access point/teamed network access to 5 separate domains via hardware 1Gb lans/ run on a high end server OS/be a PRO Workstation as well as a personal games, graphics design, network and domain controller and anything else a Pro, semi high end server could have on it or be used for. T'other system is a personal system for some gaming/DC/general home use etc.
Don't care if you wanna make silly comments or serious but this is for real world decisions and both will be specced by Monday morning 23rd, supposing it kills me in the process. And I am stuck in bed this week at least so go for it guys and have fun or be serious, all comments welcome.