Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW CLIENT for SB

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjL View Post
    The offline submission page is up:

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/offline/

Cheers,
    Louie
    Would it be possible to make an offline "fetch" option too (like the manual sieving)? In that case it would be much easier to get new WU's for my offline clients
    testing123....Join DPC !!

Team membership?

Is there a trick to joining a group with the new client? I seem to remember there being a simple edit on the old client but I can't find anything for the new client.

I joined the Michigan team on the web site but I don't show up on the list. I've been cranking out lots of work lately and would like it to count for the team.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith View Post
    Is there a trick to joining a group with the new client? I seem to remember there being a simple edit on the old client but I can't find anything for the new client.

I joined the Michigan team on the web site but I don't show up on the list. I've been cranking out lots of work lately and would like it to count for the team.

Thanks...
    Joining on the website is enough. That's the way to do it.

Your next test you checkout will be done as a member of that team.

However, I could have sworn there was a mechanism, that caused people who were unaffiliated with a team to have all their previous work credited to it when they joined.

It may have been built into the code of the old server and that's why it's not doing that for you. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith View Post

Thanks...
    Hey dsmith,

Can you please go to the change team page on the website and tell it you want to join team Michigan again. I think I fixed the script so it will assign all your unaffiliated tests to the first team you join now.

Sorry for making you do this step again, but I want to test that the update I made to the team joining script will work as expected for future users who join a new team.

It may take a few minutes (15?) or you may instantly show up on the team roster with all your work. Let me know what happens when you rerun the team joining page from the website.

Cheers,
    Louie

That did it, thanks! I knew I could count on you.

All my old work showed up instantly. All the numbers except the Last Day Rate are accurate, but the only time Last Day Rate is accurate with the new client is right after it reports status. I've got all mine scripted to report just before stats are calculated.

Woo Hoo!

I would like to move a single test to another computer (a Core2). I'm finding the laptop I have working is too slow and is getting too hot. I'm worried that it may not survive the five to six months that it will take to complete. So far it has completed about 16% of the test. The current desktop I mostly use has two tests with one that should be done in a couple of weeks at 80%. Would setting the "Days of work to queue up" to zero and cutting the three files in the working folder to the new computer be sufficient to continue the work without losing the work done so far?

I hate to take a machine away from the SoB project, but I have no choice and it seems to be of practical efficiency. This poor laptop - a 1.6Ghz Pentium M - just doesn't cut it (240-300 average days / test; I'll see how well it sieves). I should have two more machines in the next few months (same profile - Core2 @ 6300 x64). A humble offering but on average 2 tests per month per machine.

Something looks screwy on my preferences page
    User Stats page is showing crunching as usual, but preferences page is showing test last reported 28 Apr 2009

User ID: 1372
    Username: tqft
    test
    977454 55459•2^16126426+1 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Sun Mar 29 22:30:20 2009 Tue Apr 28 00:56:09 2009 12091127 74 % 1307093

User Stats
    Work rate 2.26 M jEMs/sec 1.90 M jEMs/sec

How to set computer name for mprime (linux) client

I want to associate a computer name for each machine I use
    the new client on. How do I do this for the Linux client mprime.
    In addition, how can I setup a computer name to an already running client.

Thanks In Advance

PS - I assume at some point the computer name will be displayed in test maintenance other informational displays.

Obviously GIMPS hasn't noticed a new prime for more than a month (http://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=11996). So we're using the same client software can it happen to SoB, too?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    Obviously GIMPS hasn't noticed a new prime for more than a month (http://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=11996). So we're using the same client software can it happen to SoB, too?
    From what I can tell, that seems to have been a server-side glitch.

Since SeventeenOrBust uses their own server designed to simply use the same protocol when talking to the client, I assume it won't have this same flaw automatically

Edit: However, has this codepath been tested?

i think that was simply a matter of the admins slipping and not catching the positive result.

Quote Originally Posted by Keroberts1 View Post
    i think that was simply a matter of the admins slipping and not catching the positive result.
    There was some mention in the thread that nobody received email notifications from the server... which sounds like the server was supposed to send something when a positive result was found

Quote Originally Posted by umccullough View Post
    From what I can tell, that seems to have been a server-side glitch.

Since SeventeenOrBust uses their own server designed to simply use the same protocol when talking to the client, I assume it won't have this same flaw automatically

Edit: However, has this codepath been tested?
    umccullough is right, we don't share the same notification code as GIMPS because we wrote our own server. Our notification script hasn't had any changes since the last prime was found and it worked then.

And just for grins, I manually did a search... no new primes today.

Cheers,
    Louie

There are several good information items concerning the setup of the new SB way using Prime95.
    Is there a FAQ up somewhere I could read through?
    How do I optimize for multi-core cpus with and without HT?
    Make client communicate with server more than once per day?
    Worker windows and threads - how does it work?
    etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123