Thread: FAQ / Wiki volunteers

Red face FAQ / Wiki volunteers

Want a chance to really contribute to SB and make a huge impact on the project?

Here's how you can help. I'd like for you -- our knowledgeable SB forum to help document the FAQ for the new client. When we answer questions about setup and such here in the forums, can you help me start collecting actual, useful information on:

http://wiki.seventeenorbust.com/

Anything you can do to make the Wiki more current, accurate, and useful will be much appreciated.

I'm available to answer questions and give guidance as always.

Cheers,
    Louie

I see umccullough made some formatting improvements. Thanks man! I really appreciate the help! Hopefully a few other forum All Stars can step-up and start helping you. A lot of the content could still use freshening due to the new client and stats updates.

So who else is ready to lend a hand?

Cheers,
    Louie

I was going to do a bit here and there, but didn't want to start deleting or rewriting big sections without prior approval. I guess anything regarding "Version Three" can go? Do we want to keep any info on the old client (such as "Fix For Lost Proth Test") - maybe consolidate all of it into it's own page or section?

I've changed the page about programs and the pages that it links to, does this need to be more obvious from the front page or are we assuming people will use the website to begin contributing to the project?

Matt - Those are great updates! I think we should keep track of the sieving programs and provide links and info to them for those who want to help but aren't in PrimeGrid... maybe PG should go somewhere too?

enderak - Yeah, not sure where to bury it, but version 3 stuff should at least be archived somewhere or possibly deleted entirely. The wiki has a record of changes so it's OK to delete a section like that rather "lightly" and then discuss later if it was the right idea. We can always change things back if something essential gets lost.

Things like the fix for lost proth tests should probably start getting marked "LEGACY" or some such demarcation so people know it doesn't apply to the main-line software. I expect to support SB v2.5.0 for a bit, but eventually the hope is that people can migrate.

Cheers,
    Louie