Thread: Seven Years of Seventeen or Bust!

Thumbs up Seven Years of Seventeen or Bust!

Happy seven-year anniversary of the Seventeen or Bust project!

In a way, it's hard to believe we launched 7 years ago today in 2002.

Anyone have any favorite memories of the search so far? The Christmas primes? The excitement during a particular announcement (is it MY computer?)? The sieve clients coming out? Factoring? The addition of the new clients this past month??

It's definitely been an exciting ride so far and I hope to have some interesting future innovations to make things even more exciting. As always, thanks for being a part of Seventeen or Bust. What has been your favorite part of the search so far?

Cheers,
    Louie

I'd just like to point out that 7 years (2 being leap years) works out to 2557 days, which is prime.

Quote Originally Posted by enderak View Post
    I'd just like to point out that 7 years (2 being leap years) works out to 2557 days, which is prime.
    lol. how did you even think to consider such a thing..

Happy Birthday SoB!

Near the bottom of the front page is the line "After 5 years of computation, we have eliminated 11 multipliers: eleven down, six to go." Perhaps the 5 should be updated to reflect the past two years' worth of computation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman42 View Post
    Near the bottom of the front page is the line "After 5 years of computation, we have eliminated 11 multipliers: eleven down, six to go." Perhaps the 5 should be updated to reflect the past two years' worth of computation.
    Good call! Done.

Cheers,
    Louie