Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stats Links

Exclamation New Stats Links

As some of you stats junkies (Digital Parasite ) have already noticed, I did some rearranging this morning. I've moved my site from one server to another and setup the permanent locations for the new stats system.

The old stats on my site may or may not be back. Essentially, if they aren't back by tonight, they aren't coming back. On the other hand, I should have the new stats doing everything the old stats did by tonight, so it shouldn't be a big deal. They won't be as pretty just yet, but they should be "functionally" equivalent.

The only address you really need to know from here on out is this one:

New Distributed Folding Stats Location

From there, you can get to any other page by clicking links. In the very near future, there will also be some navigation on that page to make moving around even easier.

Oh, thank god! The shakes were starting to get too much... Oh wait, there is no user colour coding, shakes starting again... can't stop them... must try harder... Just kidding, can't wait to see what new features you activate tonight.

Keep up the awesome work.

Jeff.

I've decided not to turn the old stats back on. By the end of the day, they'll be completely gone.

However, to keep people from getting edgy, I've enabled a few of the features on the new system's Personal Stats Pages. While this isn't nearly all of the stuff that will go there, it's the most useful stuff from the old stats with a couple of new features:

• The Production table can now be expanded to display as many as the last 72 hourly updates.
    • The Conquests and Threats tables can now display users who aren't on your team. The team-only filter is enabled by default, but you can click on 'OFF' and see everyone.
    • The Conquests and Threats tables now allow a variable number of results from 10 to 50.

You can access the Personal Stats Pages by clicking on any user's name in their team's stats page.

Soon I'll add graphs: hourly, daily, weekly production, as well as dynamic graphs allowing you to graph your production in any time frame against any other user or users.

I'll also turn on 'Career Highlights' and 'Milestones'.

Production highlighting (color coding) should be on soon as well (for both teams & users). I'm still trying to work out a clean, easy on the eyes, non-tacky set of colors.

I'll probably enable 'Dump Highlighting' on both the Team Users page and the Production table on each user's Personal Stats Page. This looks for single update production well above average for the user in question and highlights it as a dump.

That should keep everyone satisfied for a week or so while I continue to work on the new page designs and 'Virtual Teams' code.

No, seriously!

Cool ideas!

Thanks Dyy, that is great. That should keep me sane until you enable all the other features. Thanks!

Now I can see I will finally pass DarthMagma on my team in 2008!

Jeff.

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    Looks cool so far

There is only one thing I have some minor thoughts about and that is the "dump highlighting". It could encourage more people to save up for a dump. We know that the server backend can sometimes have trouble keeping up. With the new much smaller WU's, it may not be a problem anymore though?
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar

I'm no longer the top producer

I like Dyyryath's new stats, but using the top threats section shows me that I am not the top producer anymore.

I have TWO people that are going to trample me shortly. (well... one pretty soon, the other one is gonna take a while)

Cool stats!

Millennium2001Guy's top threats

Ni!

Yup. Looks like Lemonsqzz is definitely bent on putting the sqzz on you! Think you can hold him off?

And yes, Dyyryath, the new stats are great!

Clean, accurate and very snappy results
    What more could a stats junky ask for
    Thank you for the bajillion man hours and dedication this must have taken you!

We are not worthy!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

Well, here we are at the beginning of another weekend and I have another round of additions for you:

• Added 'Detailed Stats Page' for each team. This replaces the user page as the place you go when you click on a team's name in the 'All Teams Page'. It shows the team's hourly production through a user-selectable amount of time, upcoming threats & conquests for the team, and all user movement into and out of the team over a user selectable amount of time. There is also a link on the top of the page to see the team's user page (where the team links used to go).
    • Added a link to the top of the 'All Teams Page' for the 'All Users Movement Page'. This displays the movement of all users (regardless of team) between one team and another.
    • Color coding (Version 1) on the team's User Pages. This can be turned on and off at the top of the page. It works pretty much like the color coding on the old pages worked.

That's where we're at now, but more stuff will be coming in the next day or two.

I decided to go ahead and turn on color coding for the 'All Teams Page' as well.

:shocked:
    STATS = GOLD

Dyrryth = STATS GOD!

Love em Colours are back!

Was wasting some study time on looking at the stats when I saw this..
    There are no upcoming conquests for KWSN_Millennium2001Guy

Awwwww Hes got know on to chase...

Doe anyone else get that msg ? Like non-producers ?

Still he'd have to be the only producing getting that comment...

Nice Work KWSN_2001

Some of my colleagues on TGC are now re-considering DF simply down to the new stats.

These stats are so cool it's almost

And you will be adding more :shocked:

Pointwood

Wow!

Just had to add a post in here. I had no idea your stats site existed...I must have missed that day. You are a stats junkies dream!

Now if I could only figure out how you do that I would be a happy man.

Cheers to you on a brilliant effort on everyones part!

Just so nobody wonders where it went:

I'll be taking the system offline for about 30 or 40 minutes today while I make some changes to the underlying database structure.

OK, stats should be back now, and with a handful of new features. Here's the latest batch:

• All Teams Page now shows the actual production done by the team's current users in the various time periods by default. However, you can now select 'Net Production' at the top of the page and see the team's production over the various time periods taking into account the movement of users to and from the team. Obviously, the color coding, ranking, etc, are all recalculated based on whether you're in 'Production' or 'Net' mode on the fly. Time based column headings will display a (P) for production mode, and an (N) for Net Production mode.
    • The 'Detailed Stats Pages' for individual users now have hourly and daily production graphs. The number of hours/days these graphs contain are adjustable by clicking the entry count numbers above the graph.
    • The 'Upcoming Conquests' and 'Potential Threats' tables in both the individual user *and* team Detailed Stats Pages now allow you to click on a user/team in either table to display a graph showing a comparison of hourly productions.

There's also been a handful of other small changes/fixes/additions, but I'll let you guys figure them out.

By tomorrow, the Hourly Production table in each team's Detailed Stats Page will be able to display both Production and Net Production modes just like the All Teams Page. Also coming for the team's Detailed Stats Page will be hourly & daily production graphs just like the users have now.

'Dump Highlighting' is coming for both the team & user pages as well. This is something I'm interested in because it will let me know at a glance when Paratima has made a large dump.

I really hate to bring this up, I feel so ungrateful, but it has been a while so I have to ask:

Is the old 'design' coming back once you implement all the new features, or were those pages too resource intensive to carry over?

I typically don't care for "pretty" pages and before seeing your previous stats, I was all in favor of all stats having a basic layout, but that previous stats page design was just SOOOO frigging good looking.

Just curious.

Actually, there will be a simillar looking theme for the new stats. That's one of the upcoming features, actually: multiple themes.

There will likely be several fancy graphical themes (including one very similar to the old stats) as well as some no-frills, text & CSS themes like the current one.

Just curious, what was it that you liked about the other one? The blue & orange color scheme, or something else?

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar
    I kinda liked the running horses with knights

Ni!

I don't know, I don't really pay much attention to the aesthetics of things.

I thought the layout and the color scheme of it was great. I guess the cell padding and all of that, though you don't pay attention to those things unless coding the HTML For them.

Originally posted by Dyyryath
    Just curious, what was it that you liked about the other one? The blue & orange color scheme, or something else?
    Hi there.

Can I raise a point about the new design here? Not a complaint..not really...the site is amazing. The only thing is I'm colour blind...and the colour you chose for the users who are not active has effectively rendered them invisible to me.

I was wondering if it would be a big deal to make the colour a couple of shades darker? If it is don't worry about it. I can just highlight them and read them in reverse.

Thanks again for the wonderful site for junkies.

Wow, that color is pretty light. it's kinda difficult to read even for me with my normal color vision

Well, actually, that was the point.

I was trying to make the inactive users damn near invisible, but since you've brought it up, I've made some changes to address this:

There are now three modes to handle inactive users (which, BTW, are users with no production in the last week):
    • The first is to do nothing special with them at all, they look just like any other user.
    • The next is to shade them (with a *slightly* darker color than I had previously)
    • The last (and my personal favorite) is to not display them at all. This essentially shows the team's active user only list.

You can find the links to change this at the top of the page.

As long as we're on the subject of features that you can turn on and off, I'd like to point out that I've purposefully used GET statements rather than POST statements when calling the CGI scripts which create the pages. This means that once you get the features like you want them, you can bookmark the page and it will always show up the same way when you use your bookmark to access it.

This will always work, but it's actually a quick fix until I'm finished with the 'Save Preferences' feature that is coming up. Soon each page will have a button on it allowing you to store the page's current settings on you local machine via a cookie so that it will always look the same no matter how you get to it. That'll probably work sometime in the next week. I'm still working on a unified method of dealing with users that works with both preferences and the upcoming 'Virtual Teams' interface.

Your STATS are the absolute best. But I do miss the little Horsey things

Ni!

In MHO it would make things a lot easier if the inactive members didn't show up at all. But I am sure a lot will disagree
    Last edited by KWSN-DD849; 11-11-2002 at 03:27 PM.

Although you stats are already absolutely amazing, I have a suggestion:
    It would be nice with if there where "next" and "previous" links at the bottom too.
    Pointwood

Originally posted by pointwood
    It would be nice with if there where "next" and "previous" links at the bottom too.
    HEhehe...I was going to say that as well...but I figured after my whining about the colour I would leave well enough alone

Would be handy though for those of us too lazy to scroll.

Yay! New stats! Just in time for me to bring two of my boxen back over to DF! They aren't 24/7, but hey....I can't resists Dyr's stats

Great work Dyyryath, superb new stats system.

I just recognized one tiny little thing: "KWSN Grim Reaper" just joined Free-DC, and now his "move" entry shows "-13". He is now #22 on Free-dc, I guess he was #9 at the Knights (and thus, -13). IMHO something like "teamswitch" should be displayed (since he didn't really move 13 positions at free-dc).

Ah yes, good catch wirthi, I'll fix that right up!

Thanks.

Another suggestion: In the "Upcoming Conquests" and "Potential Threats", it would be cool if they where color coded also.

Also, if you ever visit Denmark, make sure to notify me - I have a lot of beers with your name on
    (That counts for that person in the pink skirt too - you know who you are )
    Pointwood

What pink shirt? Whut you talkin' about?

I didn't know they had become popular here, I thought only one person where wearing such a skirt, sorry about that

EDIT: If you really don't know - I suggest a search in this forum
    Pointwood

Sorry, pointwood. Didn't mean to snap. Mistook your comments for something having to do with a certain recent, um, race. Uh, oh well, never mind!

Originally posted by pointwood
    OK, I meant to get to this earlier, but it's done now.

Also decided to add a direct jump to the first and last page of both the team & user table pages. These links are right next ot the Previous & Next links at the top and bottom of each page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast