Thread: Today's the day!

Today's the day!

That I finally break 400 Million Crawled URLs!

URLs crawled:

Now...how long until that 15 billion that PY's got...
    Distributed Hold'em

Blog Entries
    How many miles does that equate to
    to bad you don't het flyer miles for it

Go Captain Go

Nope, no flyer miles. I'm excited though because I got this connection in December 2007 and have had router problems the entire time which prevented me from using it!

It went from 6mbps/1mbps to 10mbps/1.5mbps to 18mbps/1.5mbps unlimited in just that short time though! Finally got a good firmware on there (DD-WRT) and now I'm blasting away. Once I get a 2nd computer in my apartment (even something just mediocre), then I'll be able to run a 2nd node and use ~14mbps of the connection instead of the "meh" ~6.5 I'm using now.

I know this project isn't widely done by Free-DCers (understandably because of bandwidth consumption), but it's one I've had a lot of involvement in and late nights helping to test new client releases for bugs.
    Distributed Hold'em

Blog Entries
    Good stuff!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

I did a lot on Majestic for a while but when I stopped working and lost the Fibre connection on 10Mbit I went onto the antiquated UK Adsl where I'm now on a cheap 'should be up to 22Mb' ADSL2+ which has dropped over 12 months from around 7Mb to under 4Mb cos our local exchange (1mile away) hasn't and won't ever be upgraded properly and the router and modem software for a 'reliable according to BT' connection at the exchange has cut me down. I've done every trick I can think of to get the connection back to something reasonable but the engineers refuse to reset their modem so my speed and capacity only occasionally creeps up a bit to what I'm actually paying for but the first 'disconnect' drops it back down to their 'safe' level'. Sucks, but thats still the best you can do in UK as the 'lastmile' still belongs to BT effectively unless you pay for an expensive cable connect with the worst customer service record in the world via NTL (also now a virtual monopoly). Their record was so bad that they even changed their name via a buyout to Virgin to try and perpetuate their con.
    Anyways, congrats to the Moose for sticking at it with dedication of a true DC'er.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat